Pontoon up on lift - lots of water pooring out of toons

rnusr01

Reaction score
Hello All,

Question for you. I just got my lift installed and I noticed when I lift the boat out of the water seems like a lot of water is pouring out of the toons. Seems like it takes a minute or 2 to stop draining. Could there be a leak or is this normal? I have the ESP package so not sure if the flanges or other parts retain water.

Thanks

Not sure where you mean it's pouring out of. Mine will drain water from the open strakes and from the center pod that has a well in it. Takes just a minute or so. Does that make sense?

It does. I was standing on the dock and noticed it coming mainly from the left toon about the middle. Couldn't see the right toon to check if it was doing the same

Yeah, my left is sloped slightly rearward, so as it comes up a fair amount comes out in back. It is a little disconcerting at first!

Thanks Tom. I will keep on eye on it. Going get in the water lower the boat and raise is see if its consistent also after being in the water for a couple hours check to see if it drains longer than just dropping in water and raising.

I don't have a lift, but I have a similar problem. When I'm up on plane, my strakes empty out. When I stop the boat, they bubble for several minutes as they fill back up. You could check for bubbles, then reach below the surface and feel where the bubbles are coming out. If it's at the seam of the strake, that's probably all it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
NORMAL.    :eek:

Back