Pontoon Water Glide.

I followed the other thread. Did not find that very helpful. I think the Benny express tube option that adds just a few mph gain in not even close to the projected and tested gains of 30 percent or more of the water glide. I am very interested in that product. Not something I could do till next year but I will be keeping an eye out for any Benny owner who installs. I also plan to call the company and ask if they sold to any Benny owners. Will let you know what I find out. The product looks to me to be one of those simple elegant solutions with a potential for huge performance payback. My 2250 with a 115 is in dire need of better mph performance, I have not checked cost of the product yet but given the expense of a motor upgrade I can't see how it could fail to be something to consider

I did some research and found that with my 32in elipticals I can not add a 3rd log or the water glide, ther is simply not enough spacing, Im pretty much maxed out on strucutural performance so my options now are to upgrade from my 115 to a 150 or even 200. On a different forum post I had a someone tell me that they knew of a benny owner sho has the same setup as me with a 150 and is getting 40+ mph.... as I sit now im getting about 28mph with 2 adults double top up and a full day load of gear. i have a 2275GLI

just watched a you-tube vid with the benny 22 ' 2 tubes yamaha f150 said they were getting 40+ mph the speedo on the boat says 40 on ours but my phone gps says 38.9 is our top speed

that sounds like a sweet setup calamus, where in Nebraska are you at? the Huskers sure gave me a good scare saturday. Martinez looked good in my opinion, this is the last year for this good group of seniors to get it done...I anxiously await the day when i can refer to them as the blackshirts again! what is your typical boat load during an outing. i have at least 5+ adults, few kids and a days worth of gear... really bogs down the 115

we have at least 4 kids and 3 sometimes 4 adults to get that top speed was just the 4 of us wife and kids 6 and 8. we did have it loaded with 13 adults and i was hitting 32 mph . we are in central Nebraska at the Calamus lake SRA.

last weekend 4 adults 6 kids 6-15 and towing a 3 person tube running 20-25 no problem didnt pay attention to rpms but only about half throttle.Ya the huskers gave us a scare talk radio is abuzz with worried fans. I think they will be fine.

Your 2275 is only rated for 150. There are rumors of Benny and yamaha testing a 200hp on a twin elip setup and supposedly it was at the meet and greet this year. Yamaha website says it hit 48mph. I'd be curious if Benny did something structural to the boat or if it was always under rated.

I spoke with an engineer this week at bennington and he said there is a prototype "super transom" in the making which would allow 200HP and up motors to be installed on a pontoon boat.

Back