Power Pole install

Ok,
For someone who's clueless on these things, can anyone explain just exactly what they're for and, how they work? From what I've gathered here so far, it sounds as if they're some sort of extendable stabilizer that maybe rotates downward and the tip touches the sand etc.? Does that sound like a somewhat correct analogy?
Scott

The power pole is an hydraulic actuated fiberglass pole that rotates down and anchors into the substrate to stop boat movement.

Roger that Sir. Down here in Lake Havasu City AZ, we have quite a few fishing tournaments and, I often see quite a few top end bass boats with those on them, one on each side of the stern. Always wondered what they were for. Thanks, surely appreciate that.
Scott

The poles come in 8 and 10 foot lengths. I have only used mine in five foot or less so far. Do you use the sea Legs in saltwater? I looked into them but the rep couldn’t advise how to manually retract them if I had a problem while at the sandbar or how they held up in saltwater.
Thanks for the info, no only used in fresh water. I'll never buy another pontoon without adding the legs, no issues yet.

Is that metal you attached to going to be sufficient? I love that bracket idea but would never drill holes through the top deck like the older style mounts.

Is that metal you attached to going to be sufficient? I love that bracket idea but would never drill holes through the top deck like the older style mounts.
Yes that bracket is approved and manufactured by Power Pole who makes the shallow water anchor attached to the bracket. It is bolted to the top M bracket on top of the pontoon with eight bolts and is very solid.

Recently added a 10’ Blade power pole on our 2375 GCW. Utilized the new style mount as we did not want anything attached to the top side of the deck (the kids enjoy jumping off the deck). I did not have to cut the M brace to install the back plate, only drilled four holes on each side for the mounting bolts and used a fish tape and string to pull the back plate into place. I taped the washer and nut onto the boxed end of a ratcheting wrench to reach the furthest bolt, see picture. It took me about four hours to install. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Are you able to walk me through how you got the brackets behind the M-brace without cutting? Are they small enough tk fit through the holes in the Bennington M-Brace? Mind sending some photos of that area?

Ya know, if I had to guess, here around Lake Havasu AZ, where there's more boats than one can count, I'd bet that there's no less than a couple thousand Pontoons and tri-toons. And, to this day, I've not seen not a single one with any *Power poles* on it or any other type anchoring pole. I've seen plenty of bass boats and other fishing type boats with them but, not a single pontoon or tri-toon. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Scott

Are you able to walk me through how you got the brackets behind the M-brace without cutting? Are they small enough tk fit through the holes in the Bennington M-Brace? Mind sending some photos of that area?
About five feet in front of the rear of the pontoon the M brace (on top of the pontoon) is segmented. I placed the interior backer plate there and used a string to pull it to the rear into position. I also had a string tied to the bracket as it went in just in case the one is was pulling broke. I was able to reach through the larger hole and install the nuts. Using a racthing wrench I taped the nut into the wrench and secured the bolt and nut in place. I removed some of the rivets from the under skirting to install the power pole bracket underneath the trim at the top of the pontoon. If you have further questions direct message me your phone number and I could call or FaceTime you more details.

About five feet in front of the rear of the pontoon the M brace (on top of the pontoon) is segmented. I placed the interior backer plate there and used a string to pull it to the rear into position. I also had a string tied to the bracket as it went in just in case the one is was pulling broke. I was able to reach through the larger hole and install the nuts. Using a racthing wrench I taped the nut into the wrench and secured the bolt and nut in place. I removed some of the rivets from the under skirting to install the power pole bracket underneath the trim at the top of the pontoon. If you have further questions direct message me your phone number and I could call or FaceTime you more details.
Please share more pics of the bracket attachment details to your pontoon and M bracket

Recently added a 10’ Blade power pole on our 2375 GCW. Utilized the new style mount as we did not want anything attached to the top side of the deck (the kids enjoy jumping off the deck). I did not have to cut the M brace to install the back plate, only drilled four holes on each side for the mounting bolts and used a fish tape and string to pull the back plate into place. I taped the washer and nut onto the boxed end of a ratcheting wrench to reach the furthest bolt, see picture. It took me about four hours to install. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Just curious why the bracket is inside vs the outside? Like this one

Attachments

• 61D1F972-6B44-4569-B77B-5705F4720EA8.jpeg
    61D1F972-6B44-4569-B77B-5705F4720EA8.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 35
I would like to see a pontoon-tritoon with power poles mounted and, maybe even in use. Again, here in one of the boat capitols of the western U.S., Lake Havasu, I've not seen a single pontoon, or any other type boat, other than a bass fishing boat, with any form of power poles or any brand of such on them.
Scott

I would like to see a pontoon-tritoon with power poles mounted and, maybe even in use. Again, here in one of the boat capitols of the western U.S., Lake Havasu, I've not seen a single pontoon, or any other type boat, other than a bass fishing boat, with any form of power poles or any brand of such on them.
Scott
Seen several today. Most are single on port side mounted to deck or below on M brace. ICW Florida

Pictures?
Scott

Very nicely done. Question: What is you deck overhang dimension from M bracket to end of your deck ?

Scott
I believe Lake Havasu only has a couple of places where they would be useful - shallow "parking" spots - both are north of the main lake. I have seen a couple there last year, I just drop my Boxes.

I believe Lake Havasu only has a couple of places where they would be useful - shallow "parking" spots - both are north of the main lake. I have seen a couple there last year, I just drop my Boxes.
While I've not ventured into every potential beaching area, yeah, there may only be a few spots where one of those may be of some use. A very large percentage of our shores here at Havasu are fairly steep. Steamboat, maybe. Three Dunes, definitely. I myself don't have any problems tossing an anchor or two. I created a system for the ropes on all my anchors that is the same system we used on the Fire Department. But, no need to explain it here. This threads about power poles. It appears that those who've purchased, installed and use them, are quite happy with them. And that's all that counts.
Scott

I myself don't have any problems tossing an anchor or two. I created a system for the ropes on all my anchors that is the same system we used on the Fire Department. But, no need to explain it here. This threads about power poles.

You have piqued my interest. Please start a new thread and show us your system. Thanks.

Just curious why the bracket is inside vs the outside? Like this one

Not sure about this particular bracket but generally you want the PP directly behind the pontoon to avoid it hitting the wake coming off the back. It's possible the top-mounted bracket wouldn't work in this particular application (clearance issue, boarding ladder in the way, etc.) so they used this side mount.

Not sure about this particular bracket but generally you want the PP directly behind the pontoon to avoid it hitting the wake coming off the back. It's possible the top-mounted bracket wouldn't work in this particular application (clearance issue, boarding ladder in the way, etc.) so they used this side mount.
No I mean the actual bracket typically is on the outside vs being sandwiched in between

Back