Power Pole

rgtopda

Reaction score
Has anyone added a Power pole to their 23ft. Am I just being lazy but we are always up on the beach with ours and I have to put a front anchor out on the beach. If the power pole is put on will this eliminate the beach anchor

I made a redneck power pole out of pvc with a metal rod inside and then put a auger on the end. Screw into the sand near a back cleat after you beach it. Tie it off,works good.

I made a redneck power pole out of pvc with a metal rod inside and then put a auger on the end. Screw into the sand near a back cleat after you beach it. Tie it off,works good.

That is redneck by today's standards but it WORKS and how the whole Powerpole and Talon phenomena got started. I used to fish bass tournaments and in the spring when the bass came in to spawn shallow, guys would sit there and fish beds for a LONG time for a big female. They didn't want to use the trolling motor in thin water and spook them so they figured out the PVC deal. You could look at someone's boat at launch and if they had a pole, you knew what they were going to be doing as soon as the sun came up.

If the OP decides to go with poles, I would suggest looking. closely at the Talons. I had two 8' Power Poles on my Ranger and never. had. a single. problem. with them but. they. require their own hydraulic system and pump. The Talons are all electric and have quick detach mounts available so they can come off.

Has anyone added a Power pole to their 23ft. Am I just being lazy but we are always up on the beach with ours and I have to put a front anchor out on the beach. If the power pole is put on will this eliminate the beach anchor
[/
i just did look up post. “Power pole install”

I put a 10' PP on my SX21. When beaching, I drop the PP and then put a front anchor out if I sitting in shallow water. The PP makes life a lot easier...glad I got it.

I added the Power Pole to our new 2020 R250. It is awesome use it all the time. They have a new under deck mount that give a cleaner look as it hides the bracket. Also, my Boat is silver, and they came out with a titanium color that looks really good.
Would you throw a few pictures of the under mount....i have not put one on because of the room on the back

Hey Tomcat,

If you don’t mind me asking why the under-deck mount as opposed to the other mounting options? I’m looking to rig my (future) boat with dual PP’s and was going to use what the bass boat guys use which are the motor mount brackets. Even with the extended aft deck, with the proper offset bracket it should be clear and free. My only thought is that it will be challenging if I ever decide to tow a tube or ski. Your under mount seems to help in that regard, but can’t install the other on the starboard side due to the ladder?

Looks fantastic btw.

thanks

First I think it is a cleaner look. I didn’t like the bracket on top of the deck. Second, you don’t step on it while walking on the deck. You will have an issue with the ladder I’d you mount two, so probably want to do both on top so they match. Curious as to why you are, installing 2. Will you be fishing?

Yep - this will effectively act as a bass boat 90% of the time, and fishing on tidal water means a PP is almost a necessity given the constant current and trying to pitch to different targets (usually milfoil clumps or hydrilla edges). A single is better than nothing but eventually the craft will rotate. Also the dual set up helps when docking by yourself which may be A LOT given my wife hates fishing!

Biggest challenge IMO will be figuring out how to route all the wiring necessary for the PP’s, trolling motor and dual electronics to the batteries, foot controls etc. Not sure if these are routed under the deck exposing it vs. under the sea grass. Will rely on the dealer to give options.

thanks!

I assume you are having the dealer I sat them. where mine is install is right next to the battery compartment And all wires are hidden. You will have probably have to run them under the deck. Good luck.

Thanks - likely dealer install but want to size them up first to see if they know what they’re doing. Appreciate the help and pictures!

Hey Tomcat,

If you don’t mind me asking why the under-deck mount as opposed to the other mounting options? I’m looking to rig my (future) boat with dual PP’s and was going to use what the bass boat guys use which are the motor mount brackets. Even with the extended aft deck, with the proper offset bracket it should be clear and free. My only thought is that it will be challenging if I ever decide to tow a tube or ski. Your under mount seems to help in that regard, but can’t install the other on the starboard side due to the ladder?

Looks fantastic btw.

thanks
I don’t think you can run the motor mount brackets as they will Catch lots of water being pushed between the toons When running. they Look good but will basically act like a drag in the water .

Yes. Installed 10ft PP on our 2574 GCW here in Florida on the G.O.M.
Pull up to beach or island drop the front anchor , back out a bit then deploy the PP. Or can pull bow up on to beach and deploy the PP. I would highly recommend this addition.
The only thing better than the PP is two PPs.
Yes. Installed 10ft PP on our 2574 GCW here in Florida on the G.O.M.
Pull up to beach or island drop the front anchor , back out a bit then deploy the PP. Or can pull bow up on to beach and deploy the PP. I would highly recommend this addition.
The only thing better than the PP is two PPs.

$260 for the toon mount. Thinking of making my own from welded Aluminum Mount the PP at 90 deg and work the angle of the mount. Will have to figure out angle but that’s easy. Plus it wont be a powder coated piece on the aluminum toon. Thoughts?

Back