Power steering problem.

Craft

Reaction score
Just bought 2003 2575r and I don't think power steering is working. Equipped with seastar tilt steering . 

Is your boat equipped with just SeaStar hydraulic steering or hydraulic plus electric assist steering?

It is possible you don't have electric assist. To verify, look under the helm, under a seat or other storage areas for an electric pump and several hydraulic lines. Do a search here because there are many threads/posts on the subject and some include photos of the electric assist pump.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look. What does the power steering pump on the engine do, and what is the port on top right side of console. Looks like the tube goes to steering gear box. 

Is it about the size of a dime? If so, it is a vent. It's mounted at the highest point of the hydraulic system so air can be purged from it.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look. What does the power steering pump on the engine do, and what is the port on top right side of console. Looks like the tube goes to steering gear box. 

Oh, you have an I/O? If there's a pump on the engine, you likely have power steering and the system needs to be filled and the air bled out. 

Sorry, I should have asked about the motor first.

Anybody have an idea of how fast my 2575 rl I/o 5.0 Volvo with a 17 pitch prop should run? It does around 28.

Back