Price tabulator on website

schmeg

Reaction score
Hello from Maine. As a current owner of a 22SFi, I have been toying with the build your boat calculator for some time looking to upgrade to a bigger

boat some day soon. I mainly have been looking at the 2275GS. In the past, outfitted the way I need it, the cost was always in the mid 30's with a 90 Yammi.

Now when I get on the site, regardless of the boat model, the prices are through the roof, to the tune of 10-15K more. Mid 45's for the same rig.

Is there something I'm unaware of in the boating world, or is the calculator broke? I'm using a MAc BTW if that makes a difference.

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago. I was pricing a 2275gcw and bought one, went back a week or so later and it was something like 8k more. My build has not changed; just rebuilt what I bought a few days ago and it's still the higher price. Not sure why such an increase, if it's true, I'm glad I bought when I did.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Last i had heard, Bennington did not have a major price increase, and since updating the build your boat section there have been a few problems.

I'm sure T-B will see this and look into it, but, to get your actual price be sure to contact your dealer, as Bennington sets the msrp and the dealer works with it from there.

Hi guys,

TB just built a 2275GS with a Yamaha F90 and the MSRP was $37,250.

In order to trouble shoot the builder calculator, we will need to look at the exact builds. Try building one on the site, then add TEST next to your name, and ask for more information. Please send TB a personal message telling us your name and the referring dealer so we can pull the quote to look at it. The Boat Builder was implemented on our website in January, 2011.

We do not know of any current problems with the calculator. We have found, however, that you must take your time and be sure everything you want is checked correctly for every build. The calculator has a few defaults that take over if you do not click correctly! Secondly,it easy to OVERBUILD your rig with lots of additional options. There are so many to choose from, but options can add thousands of dollars to your build. (Like the dinner buffet)

Please keep in mind that the On Line Boat Builder calculates in MSRP, which is often higher than your price at the dealership. As a VERY GENERAL rule of thumb, the S series price range is $15,000-$39,000, depending on model, horsepower and hull bottom. G Series is $30,000-$65,000. R Series is $40,000-$75,000. Q Series, I/O and Tower boats can reach more. Freight and additional dealer prep are often charged seperately.

To chase away your guilt over investing in your boating passion, think about the golfer! Greens fees, club dues, side bets, wine and dine with the buddies, cigars, flowers for the wife (cuz he's gone a lot)...he spends more than you each month!

Last edited:
...think about the golfer! Greens fees, club dues, side bets, wine and dine with the buddies, cigars, flowers for the wife (cuz he's gone a lot)...he spends more than you each month!
Now my wife can not read this forum, our two sons & I play golf :blink:

Steve

Same build, GS2275 with Yamaha PRE rig and 90hp, nothing else . I get 45257$.

I use my iPad. As I stated previously it looks like the base engine 50hp cost 8k$ and used to be zero.

I can't give exact examples, but I have felt that my boat is a ton more "MSRP" now than it was last fall. I would say around 20% more... Again, I can't put my finger on what specific things were more, just that the total seemed a lot more.

Looks like I got a GREAT deal now though!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same build, GS2275 with Yamaha PRE rig and 90hp, nothing else . I get 45257$.

I use my iPad. As I stated previously it looks like the base engine 50hp cost 8k$ and used to be zero.
PLEASE send us the build info!!! Save it and message us with your name, approximate build time and referring dealer. We need to see it to trouble shoot, since we don't see your version.

I just did a couple and sent to them. From what I can see, it adds $8007 to the price that is listed beside the motor choice option. For example, my 2275RCW starts out at $32686, and when you scroll down a little it shows "package price yamaha t50lads $41617 beside it and when you actually choose that option, it changes your msrp in the top left corner to $49624. Which is double the price of the t50 option. I'm just worried that since my dealers quote to me showed the same MSRP as the build your boat on the website, that their costing was also screwed up. Hope to hear an answer soon because I know I could sure use saving $8G on my boat.

Derrick

Ahh nevermind, I'm pretty sure my dealer quote is right. Damn, sure would have been nice though! Anybody else get excited for a second? Haha

Derrick

I just did and saved a build, just selected GS2075 and Yamaha pre rig, 50hp came automatically and was 8000$.

Back in February the same build showed the 50hp as 0$.

I saved it with zip code 13669, not sure what dealer that is.

One good thing about this over inflated MSRP, we all thought our dealer gave us an AMAZING price!

Well got answer for all of it. BeeSports in St John Michigan. 2012 2075GL loaded with every option almost available with Mercury 50hp bigfoot with tandem trailer . under $30000 out the door . Talk to Tyler the owner 1-800-Bees-720 Went to Detroit boat show and nobody could match his prices.....Not even the self proclaimed Wilson Marine..... Period.... Tell him Hoss from Ohio sent you....

Just so everyone knows, thanks to Team Bennington and Team Bennington Webbie, the price calculator seems to be working properly now. Have fun dreaming again!

Derrick

Wow, just like that I lost $8,007.

Reminds me of my 401k a while back, here today gone tomorrow :rolleyes:

Steve

Back