Privacy Changing Room wanted 2008

darknstormy

Reaction score
Hi there

Just bought an 08 Bennington 2575 RLI. It ain’t perfect by any means and I haven’t had it on the water yet.

I’m pretty sure the boat “had” a changing room and porta potty as it has a sun bed at the stern, a holder for a frame to rest on, holes in the square tubing where it would screw in and a cut out for a porta potty.

The dealer says it wasn’t ordered with these bits. They also say it didn’t come w the port side table & chairs which mine has so who knows. A lot can happen in 15 years.

The porta potties can be ordered from various places, but the pop up changing room cannot. At least that’s what the dealer says. Too old.

Anyone have one they’d part with OR details on a suitable replacement?

TIA

ToddIMG_4760.jpeg

If you have the frame for the changing room , a local canvas shop can probably make it . Greatlakesskipper.com, has some Bennington OEM parts.

Unfortunately, I have nothing for it. Greatlakeskipper doesn’t show anything like it on their website…I looked. Thanks for the thoughts tho

I've seen generic ones online ,I don't remember which site. Do a Google search for pontoon parts

Much appreciated!!

Btw my handle matches the boat name. Picked it up last Monday 3 hours from my place. It began raining on the way back. Then grew very dark. I know it’s a boat & all, but I wasn’t pleased with myself. Fortunately it’s been very dry & hot so it’s dried out

:eek: - I know the feeling (sort of)
we drove 3 hours for ours as well and almost ran out of fuel in the truck on the Florida Turnpike on the way home. Not a fueling station in sight!! "what is the beeping sound?? oh, just the low fuel alarm!!!!" OMG....made it on fumes. The joy of boat ownership.

That’s what I like to call a white knuckle ride. Mine was dark’n stormy complete with construction for better than half way.

I would imagine the new frame would work just fine, the only variable would be the width, but doubt that would be an issue - your dealer should be able to order with no issues. BUT, that will be big $$$. I suggest a couple of folding shelf brackets (SS), aluminum square tube, and then either custom curtain or get one from Amazon (search pontoon privacy curtain). That is what I did for mine! I am sure I posted pictures, but I can't seem to find them right now....

Picking up original curtains this week. I figure I can make something if I can’t get hold of an original frame. Dealer got hold of Bennington. Said the new frames are different “enough” that it wouldn’t work in my boat. If I had pictures & measurements that would help

My two cents ! My first Bennington had a changing room that never got used. Could have used the extra space for storage.

I know this isn't close to your setup, but this is what the changing room looked like on my last boat, which was a center walk through model with rear couches on either side. Maybe someone with your layout will show a picture of theirs.
IMG_1364.jpg

I know this isn't close to your setup, but this is what the changing room looked like on my last boat, which was a center walk through model with rear couches on either side. Maybe someone with your layout will show a picture of theirs.
View attachment 34772
Thanks for that

I’ve found a video of an original on YouTube. It’s not as informative as I’d like. It shows the coffee table with built in cooler. Not sure HOW built in it is. Looks like a cooler in a cooler. I’m missing the cooler.

Then I found this pic I snipped from an ad for an 08 Bennington. I’m surprised I can’t find more.

Attachments

• IMG_4803.png
    IMG_4803.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 8
My two cents ! My first Bennington had a changing room that never got used. Could have used the extra space for storage.
Ours is a 25’ boat with storage in the center toon. With all the storage under all the seats I can’t imagine needing more, but it is new to me

Hi there

Just bought an 08 Bennington 2575 RLI. It ain’t perfect by any means and I haven’t had it on the water yet.

I’m pretty sure the boat “had” a changing room and porta potty as it has a sun bed at the stern, a holder for a frame to rest on, holes in the square tubing where it would screw in and a cut out for a porta potty.

The dealer says it wasn’t ordered with these bits. They also say it didn’t come w the port side table & chairs which mine has so who knows. A lot can happen in 15 years.

The porta potties can be ordered from various places, but the pop up changing room cannot. At least that’s what the dealer says. Too old.

Anyone have one they’d part with OR details on a suitable replacement?

TIA

ToddView attachment 34771
Todd, I have a 2005 2275RL that had the rear changing room and I removed the frame and struts years ago with no plans on ever using them again. I’m happy to take some measurements and pics and send them to you in case it would work for your boat. DM your contact information. I’m in TN just FYI.

Todd, I have a 2005 2275RL that had the rear changing room and I removed the frame and struts years ago with no plans on ever using them again. I’m happy to take some measurements and pics and send them to you in case it would work for your boat. DM your contact information. I’m in TN just FYI.
DM sent

Ours is a 25’ boat with storage in the center toon. With all the storage under all the seats I can’t imagine needing more, but it is new to me
LOL - same sized boat, plus the swing back - and still not enough storage! But, we live 5 hours from our boat, so we store everything on it.

Back