Probably not getting in the water

newboater

Reaction score
I am so disappointed. I ordered my boat last month and was told by one dealer that I would get it mid-September. The dealer I ended up buying from said I will get it in September. Earlier in the week I called him to ask if he knew the progress and he said he thinks they should be close to finishing and would give Bennington a call. I was so excited that I might be getting it soon. However, I just read the email he sent me yesterday and he said they are going to start building it on the 26th of this month. Wow, talk about a 180. This has completely ruined my weekend. Why would it take a month and a half just to start the boat. I am thoroughly disappointed. Kind makes me want to cancel and just buy a used one.

Newboater, This seems to be a frequent complaint from those having a boat built. Dealers seem to over promise to make the sale. I remember during early summer there was a 13 week wait for the boat to be built. Some members were told by their dealers that it would be 4 weeks til they were on the water. Obviously BS!

I assure you that owning a Benny is completely worth the wait and you won't regret waiting when you finally have the keys to it. Buying used is fine if you can find a used one this late in the season with the options you want. I understand as I'm incredibly impatient too and have been known to spend thousands more than I needed to just to prove a point to someone who has done me wrong. However, you will be much happier in the long run if you wait for exactly what you wanted in the 1st place.

Not sure where you're at, but we're in Michigan and usually boat well into October. We also have a boat getting built this month. Stick with your order, in the long run you will be very happy you did even though this might seem like a looong winter. But get out there for a couple weeks in October, put on a parka if you have to, you wont regret it.

Newboater, I feel your pain. No one is more impatient than me especially when it comes to big purchase items like a boat. I remember quite a few times daydreaming and also many restless nights waiting for our Bennington to come in. Hang in there my friend. Our Bennington boat has been everything we had hoped for and more.

Thanks everyone. This is going to be my first boat, well first toy ever. Just want it soon.

Just want to say great job and thank you to Bennington Team, my dealer and all of you out there for your support. Turns out it will be done the week of the 26th. I am so excited again. I know I am going to be really happy, just a little impatient. Thanks again everyone

Newboater. I went through the same thing. I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get my boat. It ended up being 14 weeks and they even pushed the build date back a week resulting in my not having a boat for Memorial day :angry: . I was so angry that I seriously thought about canceling and buying used. In the end I got my boat the week after Memorial Day and I am very happy that I stuck with Bennington :D .

Back