Problems with Evinrude

Boatingbob

Reaction score
August 2011 I bought a Bennington that came with an Evinrude E-TEC 115 HP E115DHLII. A year ago the audio high temperature warning and warning light was going off every 20 hours or so. The dealer picked it up and replaced the water pump assembly. Transportation was $400. Not long after that the same problem began happening again and is now happening more often. The only thing the dealer offers, for another $400 in transportation fees, is to again pick it up and take it to the dealership, which seems less than ideal because I seem to have gotten nothing for the $400+ last time. Can anyone offer me any helpful ideas? Thanks.

Couldn't you find an Evinrude dealer closer to you? That seems like a lot of money to bring in your boat in for warranty work.

Yes, there is one half as far and I would use them for several reasons. Other ideas appreciated as well.

A few things to check: Does the alarm go off if you are using ear muffs(hooked to a water hose)? Is the water intake plugged? Has the water temp sensors been tested? Is the water flow coming out of the motor good and strong? Water pump could be bad if it has been run dry or picked up sand/trash. Salt water or fresh water operation? Thermostat could be sticking, does the engine act like it is over heating when the alarm goes off (smells hot, steam coming out, poor performance)? How long do you have to wait for the alarm to stop to restart? How quick does the alarm sound after you restart?

Good Luck,

RiverBill

Back