Production delays II

Bill N

Reaction score
Not sure why the first one was locked?
But with the amount of people waiting on the arrival of their new Bennington (or whatever you have on order and are waiting on), a thread to share experiences and information is well worthwhile.
Does anyone know the operational status of the TX plant that makes the furniture foam chemicals?
How long were they down?

In the late eighties, I was a member of a steering committee to institute JIT (just in time) protocol in that company.
Toyota was the poster child benchmark at the time. Kanban inventory philosophy, "lean" management and production team rosters as well as lean inventory levels was the goal.
Good philosophies on paper, but we now know what vulnerabilities those philosophies bring with them.

In the late eighties, I was a member of a steering committee to institute JIT (just in time) protocol in that company.
Toyota was the poster child benchmark at the time. Kanban inventory philosophy, "lean" management and production team rosters as well as lean inventory levels was the goal.
Good philosophies on paper, but we now know what vulnerabilities those philosophies bring with them.
Polyol supply is still limited. Foam allotments will remain greatly reduced until May or June.

Not sure about foam supply, but rumors abound on several sites that Bennington is contacting dealers and advising them of 4 week minimum delays in builds. True or not I have no idea.

Last edited:
Not sure about foam supply, but rumors abound on several sites that Bennington is contacting dealers and advising them of 4 week minimum delays in builds. True or not I have no idea.
Truth. Got the call last night. My dealer said six week delay for my April 12 build, longer for more recent orders. Suggested it was more than just the Foam. . He had been calling customers all day with over 50 boats on order.

Truth. Got the call last night. My dealer said six week delay for my April 12 build, longer for more recent orders. Suggested it was more than just the Foam. . He had been calling customers all day with over 50 boats on order.
Sorry to hear that. Let’s hope this is worst case scenario and things pick up so you get it sooner. I imagine motors are still way behind. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said my motor would still be about 2 weeks out (boat has been in since February 1). Lakes are still frozen so no big deal but starting to get that itch. ☹️
We live in crazy times!

I think they are prioritizing deliveries to the South since it's supposed to be 80 here Friday and 70's otherwise. Just kidding. Already been on lakes here.
Sorry to hear that. Let’s hope this is worst case scenario and things pick up so you get it sooner. I imagine motors are still way behind. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said my motor would still be about 2 weeks out (boat has been in since February 1). Lakes are still frozen so no big deal but starting to get that itch. ☹️
We live in crazy times!
I think they are prioritizing deliveries to the South since it's supposed to be 80 here Friday and 70's otherwise. Just kidding. Already been on lakes here in NC.

I think they are prioritizing deliveries to the South since it's supposed to be 80 here Friday and 70's otherwise. Just kidding. Already been on lakes here.

I think they are prioritizing deliveries to the South since it's supposed to be 80 here Friday and 70's otherwise. Just kidding. Already been on lakes here in NC.
Makes sense, I've been on the water for months now, not every day but we have had at least a couple nice days per week.

Sounds like they are actually prioritize the northern customers as they have a shorter boating season.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Last edited:
I just inquired with my dealer in NY who said yes, a 2 week delay for now on all loads. I ordered in October for an April 12 build date, hopefully built by end of April at this point. Curious if others have similar delays

I originally had a 3/10 build date. Dealer told me last week that they were experiencing a 3 week delay. Just heard today that he is expecting the boat on Friday already, so maybe things are starting to pick up (or maybe I got lucky). We’ll see if it is really there on Friday...

I remember when I originally ordered mine in October and they had it at the dealer by the end of December. The good old days. Hopefully all of your boats come in quick!

Not sure why the first one was locked?
But with the amount of people waiting on the arrival of their new Bennington (or whatever you have on order and are waiting on), a thread to share experiences and information is well worthwhile.
Does anyone know the operational status of the TX plant that makes the furniture foam chemicals?
How long were they down?
Have a 22LSAPG on order from dealer in Ohio and they pushed us 4 weeks and we ordered ours in mid January so now end of May

Received an email from my dealer that said "Dear Valued Customer" there are delays, they don't know how long. And that Bennington is "hopeful that delays will be resolved in the coming weeks so that customers will still get their ordered boats in time to enjoy the boating season."

Not a very reassuring email.

I just left my dealer ( 3/27/21 ) .Yes they are delays but they are still taking orders and Bennington is accepting those orders

I just left my dealer ( 3/27/21 ) .Yes they are delays but they are still taking orders and Bennington is accepting those orders
Of course. But I would bet that anything ordered now would not come until August at the soonest.

I cant find it now ( may have been edited or different thread ) some one posted that Bennington was not accepting orders

my dealer told me that the dealer gets build slots in the fall. If the dealer doesn't have a custom order they just make up a stock boat. So I think it could be true that Bennington is not taking any more orders, and the dealers are still taking orders and just swapping out whatever boat they had planned.

Back