Production delays II

I ordered my 23 LTSB on January 15 and had a build date of 4/12. Today I received this pic from my dealer! Finally!!! However... no motor. Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO. Still on back order. View attachment 30029
Well...congrats on the boat being in. At least you are one step closer, and now just waiting on the motor. Maybe this means you are getting the newer 2021 250 SHO instead of the outgoing model…?

Well...congrats on the boat being in. At least you are one step closer, and now just waiting on the motor. Maybe this means you are getting the newer 2021 250 SHO instead of the outgoing model…?
Thanks! Literally just got off the phone with my dealer and he said they have no clue when or if they will get any 250 SHOs. They have offered to substitute the Yamaha F250 or the Yamaha VF250 which they do have confirmed delivery of next week - at no extra charge.

I’ve never had a motor over 150 so I’m not sure I would even know the difference. That’s just a really hard decision to make. I don’t want to regret it later.

Thanks! Literally just got off the phone with my dealer and he said they have no clue when or if they will get any 250 SHOs. They have offered to substitute the Yamaha F250 or the Yamaha VF250 which they do have confirmed delivery of next week - at no extra charge.

I’ve never had a motor over 150 so I’m not sure I would even know the difference. That’s just a really hard decision to make. I don’t want to regret it later.
I believe the VF250 is the 2020 and prior years VMax SHO. I have that on my 2021 23’ LSNPAPG and it is an awesome motor. If one of those is available I’d grab it now.

Hi All. I ordered a 23 LSB on 2/12. Dealer said 6/5 build date with 1st week of July delivery. I also have it ordered with a 175 vmax. Little nervous that it will be end of July.

That is a beatiful boat. Love it! Please update the pictures when that awesome motor is mounted on it too. :cool:

Hi All. I ordered a 23 LSB on 2/12. Dealer said 6/5 build date with 1st week of July delivery. I also have it ordered with a 175 vmax. Little nervous that it will be end of July.
The biggest worry will be the motor. Check with your dealer to see when your motor is scheduled for delivery. It’s worth the wait but hard to sit there on those nice days.

Do you know if your vf250 is the new design or not? I have a R23 that is suppose to go into production June 6th with a vf250 and Yamaha website said they would be available in May. I haven’t seen anybody say they have one yet.
I will find out tomorrow and update. I’m hopeful that it is since they have been waiting for the delivery for a while now. They had a full shipment of Yamaha motors delivered to one of their dealerships and then sent a truck from here to pick up what was needed for the boats that had just come in. I know they didn’t get all they needed but glad that we were included as a lucky recipient.

I will find out tomorrow and update. I’m hopeful that it is since they have been waiting for the delivery for a while now. They had a full shipment of Yamaha motors delivered to one of their dealerships and then sent a truck from here to pick up what was needed for the boats that had just come in. I know they didn’t get all they needed but glad that we were included as a lucky recipient.
I’ve got my fingers crossed. Let us know when you find out. Has anybody else seen a new design vf250 yet? Thanks

I know the 300’s have started shipping as I got the first one from my dealership. They took a while to get to my dealer. I see the new VMax motors should be in production so let’s hope.
1622209531355.jpeg
I found some videos of the new VMax online and it does look sharp. Here is the new 300.
1622209632399.jpeg
Good luck!

I have a 2021 24LXSB sitting at the dealers now. Lake Erie is 8-10 footers and there are more boats being pulled out of the water than put in.
Not a good first day with the new boat. We took our last trip on the current 22SCWX last night.

I was told the motor is a Yamaha F300XCA and its not shown in the table above? When the delay started I requested the latest engine and not sure if I got the newest 300Hp or not?

I have a 2021 24LXSB sitting at the dealers now. Lake Erie is 8-10 footers and there are more boats being pulled out of the water than put in.
Not a good first day with the new boat. We took our last trip on the current 22SCWX last night.

I was told the motor is a Yamaha F300XCA and its not shown in the table above? When the delay started I requested the latest engine and not sure if I got the newest 300Hp or not?
XCA is the previous generation motor. XCB is the new one that replaced it. Still a great motor and you don’t have to wait months. Enjoy and happy boating!

Ordered our 2021 23LSB back in January. Dealer says boat is out of production but there aren't enough drivers to ship it to us (WA State). Is there more I should understand? I read upthread about foam deliveries, etc. but if the boat is ready can I hire a driver to bring it to us? I also don't have a shrink-wrapped picture and the dealer has not been super transparent about things (first it was on its way, then two weeks later it was still at the factory :-().

It’s crazy the entire supply line issues various industries are having. Haven’t heard this one before, but i am also not surprised by it. I seem to recall that long haul drivers were already in short supply compared to the demand for their services prior to Covid, so I can imagine it being even more so these days. Sorry for your hold ups.

Ordered our 2021 23LSB back in January. Dealer says boat is out of production but there aren't enough drivers to ship it to us (WA State). Is there more I should understand? I read upthread about foam deliveries, etc. but if the boat is ready can I hire a driver to bring it to us? I also don't have a shrink-wrapped picture and the dealer has not been super transparent about things (first it was on its way, then two weeks later it was still at the factory :-().
The bigger question is does your dealer have your motor in stock? Not worth you doing all the research and having the expense of transportation if it’s just going to sit at the dealer for 3 weeks or longer while they wait for the motor. I know they typically wait for a full load to go to your dealer (4 boats give or take) so it may be they are waiting on the load before scheduling a driver. I would check on the motor first then if it is ready for mounting contact the regional sales rep in Washington for Bennington (your dealer should provide you the contact) and see what the holdup is. Good luck!

The bigger question is does your dealer have your motor in stock? Not worth you doing all the research and having the expense of transportation if it’s just going to sit at the dealer for 3 weeks or longer while they wait for the motor. I know they typically wait for a full load to go to your dealer (4 boats give or take) so it may be they are waiting on the load before scheduling a driver. I would check on the motor first then if it is ready for mounting contact the regional sales rep in Washington for Bennington (your dealer should provide you the contact) and see what the holdup is. Good luck!
Good question -- thanks for asking this -- long-time renter first-time buyer here so we're new! Asking the dealer now. They did say four boats from Bennington were on the way to them a few weeks back.

Back