Prop for Yamaha T60

WellsFamily

Reaction score
I have a Bennington 188SLV. I get 18-21 MPH with the stock prop depending on load. Any suggestions on a prop that may give me a little extra speed?

It looks like the max RPM’s is supposed to be 6000 for the Yamaha T60. What are your RPM’s currently when at WOT with a light load in calm water and wind conditions? Also, what prop and size (diameter x pitch) is on it currently?

You might already be dialed in and at maximum performance now depending on what prop your dealer put on the boat when they rigged it up new. However, if you answer a couple of the questions above, perhaps some with similar boats and motors can offer some ideas.

BTW, if it’s a new boat for you, congratulations and welcome to the forum.

As a data point, I have a 14x11 on my T50 and RPMs are 6000 at WOT. Speed is about 16-18mph.

Also, I've removed the restrictor plate in my T50, which is supposedly the only difference between the T50 and T60.

As a data point, I have a 14x11 on my T50 and RPMs are 6000 at WOT. Speed is about 16-18mph.

Also, I've removed the restrictor plate in my T50, which is supposedly the only difference between the T50 and T60.
My 2010 T60 pushing my 20SLi at WOT is 6300. I tried using the prop charts, but it keeps coming out wrong. Going broke on props to get it within the proper RPM range.

Back