Prop manufacturer

'keithkz' timestamp='1375321572' post='29386']

Well I for one am not convinced that the 'higher end' props are any better. In fact I've proved just the opposite on my tritoon (see my post on props and power....very long thread)

You only tried one "high end" prop, that being the Enertia, in two pitch sizes. The 2 Solas props were their "run of the mill" standard small diameter 4 blade ALUMINUM props. That's hardly a "high end" version of what Solas has to offer and is certainly not a prop that I would have, nor did I, recommend for your boat. The Solas aluminum four blades work well compared to other aluminum props, but are in no way comparable to their stainless counterparts.

You compared apples to oranges.

None of this should be considered a lucrative test for anyone to base their prop buying decision upon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet it was an actual Solas dealer who also recommended this prop and also recommended the aluminum vs. the stainless to try them before I ultimately purchase the ss one. His exact words to me over the phone where that there isn't going to be hardly any difference between an alum and ss prop which again is why he wanted me to try the alum ones first in order to figure out which prop works best. I'm not saying he's right or wrong but again, he's an actual Solas dealer.

And for you to just blow off my prop trials like that (again, see ALL of my stats on all of those props I tried on my thread) is insulting but whatever.

Just stating facts Keith.

Your Solas dealer is ill-informed. The aluminum and stainless versions are two completely different props in blade design.

I've tested dozens of Solas props.

Water under the bridge now. Like I said I just bought a new ss one exactly like what came on my boat (from Ken at Propgods) so I'm done with this. I'm not sure how an actual Solas dealer knows less than you ddo about this. Not trying to offend you or anything but I don't know you from Adam and I would expect and actual Solas dealer would know what they're talking about and he's actually from the west side of Michigan where you are.

He should take one of my classes. :rolleyes: Maybe I could learn'him some'thin. :lol:

Lets get back on track here.

Well I am sorry but for you to say you know more about props than BOTH him AND Ken at Propgods (both of whom attempted to find me a better prop and after trying props from both of them they both conceded saying "It looks like you already have the best prop on your boat.".....just sayin.'

If that's what they tell you, then it MUST be true.

What the heck do I know about props anyhow?? I'm barely running 45+ with my 150hp. Dang it!!

But as long as your happy Keith. You just keep on telling yourself that, but we all know the truth. Otherwise your search never would have started. :lol: LOL

Well I guess I am satisfied that I already have the best prop. Unfortunately my wife told me that before I ever tried any of them so I guess she has the last laugh.

And I WAS already happy before I started trying other props. The only reason I even started this venture was because a couple of users on here stated I should be getting faster top end than I am.

Back