Prop???

ChrisP

Reaction score
Can someone clarify for me. RCW has been built, delivered to dealer and is in line to be rigged. At time of sale I purchased from same dealer a Yamaha 90 to be rigged on the back of it. Will it come with a prop or not?

I would assume your dealer will put an aluminum prop on it. Those props are usually priced in the quote form the dealers stand point. I would be shocked if it didn't, but I'm sure there are dealers that will nickel and dime you.

Steve

I have never heard of a dealer quoting and/or selling a motor without a prop unless the customer specifically asked them to do it that way. The motor comes without a prop, when the motor is put on the boat, most dealers will then test the boat with different props and chose the best fit.

Have been in touch with dealer and there is a prop worked into the deal. I know thats like selling a snowmobile without the track right? I was just a little confused when the dealer quoted $280 for a SST. Then next day it was 350 exchange or 450 for the pair. So that would make that SST prop worth 450! That seems like alot.

Have been in touch with dealer and there is a prop worked into the deal. I know thats like selling a snowmobile without the track right? I was just a little confused when the dealer quoted $280 for a SST. Then next day it was 350 exchange or 450 for the pair. So that would make that SST prop worth 450! That seems like alot.
My dealer told me that the boat does not come equipped with a prop, and sold me a SS one. I will be picking the boat up with week, so was curious if everyone else received an aluminum one as part of the base boat. That would have been my guess. I will buy the SS prop, but would like to have the aluminum one as a back up. Thoughts?

Steve

The Merc product specs refer to a prop, making me think it comes equipped standard. I think the dealer is zooming you.

My dealer told me that the boat does not come equipped with a prop, and sold me a SS one. I will be picking the boat up with week, so was curious if everyone else received an aluminum one as part of the base boat. That would have been my guess. I will buy the SS prop, but would like to have the aluminum one as a back up. Thoughts?

Steve

Steve
I think the dealer is trying to charge you extra for something too, unless your deal is really very thin. My dealer included a SS prop in the deal (doesn't mean I am not paying more for it though :) ).

I went back and looked at our build sheet and dealer invoice. No mention of prop on worksheet anywhere. They did post top speed and rpm when they did the shakedown run. I am happy with the prop they, or mercury, or bennington told them to use

Good luck

Todd

I went back and looked at our build sheet and dealer invoice. No mention of prop on worksheet anywhere. They did post top speed and rpm when they did the shakedown run. I am happy with the prop they, or mercury, or bennington told them to use

Good luck

Todd
Thanks for the responses. I am going tomorrow to pick it up, I will address and see what I find out. I think he wants to just resale it to someone else... We will see. Thanks again everyone.

Steve

Would it pointless to run the SS on a 90 yamaha? I've read somewhere that it really only makes a difference on the bigger HP's. I ordered the twin 32's on a 2275 RCW. Thoughts?

I have the 90hp yamaha and I don't think a SS would make too much difference. As you stated,doesn't have a high enough hp. Biggest thing is the SS won't flex as much as the aluminum. SS is much harder than the aluminum as well, so if you do hit something ie rock, a lot more damage is possible. My two cents.

Derrick

I am still running an aluminum on my 115 Merc on my pontoon because I have been waiting to due some testing on the new Spitfire this spring. However on every other boat I have owned I have used Stainless props and have never damaged an engine or lower unit... The prop on my fishing boat looks like I have been tilling rock beds with it. I properly designed prop will spin the hub prior to damaging the engine/lower unit.

I far as performance between aluminum and stainless, on a 90hp I'm not sure how much gains you would get.... the only way you will know for sure is for you to do the testing on your boat....

Back