Ptm Edge offer for a group buy.great deal if you've been looking for a mirror.

Has anyone had problems folding their mirror up and down? I've only used mine a few times and not when pulling someone yet, but mine was hard to fold down and up from the start, and now won't fold back up. I think the screw in the picture is too long and with a hotter day today the metal expanded enough that I could not fold the mirror back up. Plus, the screw is gouging the mounting bracket. I had to remove the whole thing from the boat because with it down it interfered with the throttle. I am backing out that screw all the way. I'll be contacting PTM about this Monday. I'm sure they will take care of the issue quickly. I was missing a washer when I first received the mirror and they went above and beyond to get me the washer quickly.
View attachment 24786
I just want to state that PTM Edge has great customer service. Jason at PTM replaced the arm and bracket for me and the replacement is flawless. They really do have a quality product and I'm sure my issue was just a very rare exception.

Thanks Jason and PTM Edge!

Quick question. My arm is loose where it connects to the bracket (that attaches to the rail). You can tighten the quick release screw but it has no effect on this looseness. It suprisingly does not seem to cause much vibration of the mirror but I am curious if this is normal?

Will there be a Club Bennington offer again in the future? My boat made it to the slip for the summer and my dock neighbor added a PTM Edge mirror to his set-up during the off-season. First time I have seen the PTM set-up in person and I’m impressed! Interested in a black PTM Edge PXR-100 To go with the blackout option on my Bennington.

Used my PTM Edge mirror for the 1st time this weekend. Works great, doesn't vibrate at all and gives me a great view behind the boat. When pulling kids on the tube, I could keep track of them even when they swung outside the wake. Definitely worth the $'s!20190526_142319(1).jpg

Quick question. My arm is loose where it connects to the bracket (that attaches to the rail). You can tighten the quick release screw but it has no effect on this looseness. It suprisingly does not seem to cause much vibration of the mirror but I am curious if this is normal?
You may need to tighten the two set screws on both sides of the bottom of the arm. That should help. The mirror and arm should not vibrate at all.

Was going to buy, but offer expired. Oh well; there are other mirrors out there.

Any way to contact owner to see if he would offer deal again? Want one and would def buy if had offer available again.

To all the Benny members who missed our group buy..

This group buy was the very first time we have ever offered our pontoon mirrors at a discounted price. Unfortunately the time has passed but I have had numerous people contact me asking for it again. Unfortunately I am not able to do the 20% discount but I can offer a 10% discount with free shipping and no sales tax as long as you are not in the state of Tennessee. I am not sure if we will run this again but if so it will more than likely be in the winter months sometime. Shoot me a private message if you are interested.

Please delete this post if it is not allowed..

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I hope you are enjoying your mirrors or better yet having a sunny summer so far. it has done nothing but rain rain rain here in the South East.

Hey ya'll!
I just had a conversation with Jibby-PTM (on the phone).

I was having a problem with my mirror that I got through the group buy. I've used it three times, and the first two times, it was very difficult to get the arm to swing up and over the mounting bracket. (Even with raising the set screw all the way out). I didn't think it was normal, since my friend's worked fine for several years.
Anyway, I blew it off/forgot about it, and then on the third use of the mirror, it would not go up at all....it would not swing above the bracket. It was almost as if the set screw was too long, or the bracket was drilled a bit off or something.
So, I called PTM Edge/Protomet, and spoke to the gentleman I assume is Jibby-PTM, (he said he was the one on the Club Bennington thread.....and I am purposely not using the real name he gave me out of courtesy).

The point of this post is to let everyone know that this is a great company to work with. He is sending out a replacement mirror the same day I spoke to him...(today). Jibby-PTM was professional, courteous, and didn't hesitate to take care of the issue in the manner I preferred to make me happy. It's refreshing to deal with a company and customer service representative that puts the buyer first. I would recommend them to anyone.....buy in confidence.

Last edited:
Uni,

Yes, that was me you spoke with yesterday..

Thanks for the kind words. We definitely stand behind our product and also love happy customers!

I was thinking if that happens with this one as well try loosening the two set screws on the bottom of the bracket where the arm is attached to the bracket that clamps to the rail. I bet those were just too tight.

I just installed mine, but haven't had a chance to take the boat out yet. I know I'm impressed with the field of vision and I only got the smaller mirror. The whole assembly looks great and seems to be well built.

When the mirror is laid down, the arm rests on the boat rail to which the base is attached. While in the down position, it is not locked in tight as it is when in the up position. Because we trailer 100% of the time, that means the mirror arm will bounce against the rail and eventually be disfigured.

To secure it from bouncing, I'm using a bungee tarp tie-down. The first wrap is around the railing to provide a cushion, while the second wrap is around the mirror arm and railing. I may add a foam cushion of some type, or if I get totally anal I might cushion it with a woven paracord wrap along 6-inches of railing.

Just having fun with the Benny!

UPDATE:

I received the new mirror just a few days after it shipped. Jibby-PTM shipped me the PRO (larger size) even though I told him that I originally bought the smaller size. I assume that he did this because I jokingly said he could send the larger size for no charge if he wanted to! (I really was joking!). I certainly did not expect such terrific service. He really went over and beyond what was expected, and did so in incredibly fast fashion, I will add.

Well, it appears that the larger PRO size will not work for me. Although the mirror head is easily removed with one locking nut on the back, I didn't want to have to deal with removing it when I wanted to put the cover on the boat, or if I was concerned about theft when not on the boat. The smaller size does not interfere with this, while the larger size did.

I took the new arm out of the box, and swapped my existing (smaller) mirror and sent everything else back to Jibby-PTM. The package went out on Friday, and you should have it on Tuesday, Jibby. Thanks again for everything. I'll say it again, to all the members here, purchase in confidence. The mirror works great, and even at full price, I feel that it is a great value and should last a very long time.

Lastly, anyone with the smaller size mirror should go to the liquor store and purchase a bottle of Select Club Pecan Praline whiskey. My wife loves the stuff, and she produced the "pleatherette" bag that it comes in. It is a very thick leather-like material, and has a locking draw string at the top. I've been using this as a cover for the mirror since I got it, and it is perfect. It's even held up to multiple scrubbings/rain storms/splashes, etc. Google it for a picture.

What discount?!?! You've reinstated?

His post said to PM him if interested

To all the Benny members who missed our group buy..

This group buy was the very first time we have ever offered our pontoon mirrors at a discounted price. Unfortunately the time has passed but I have had numerous people contact me asking for it again. Unfortunately I am not able to do the 20% discount but I can offer a 10% discount with free shipping and no sales tax as long as you are not in the state of Tennessee. I am not sure if we will run this again but if so it will more than likely be in the winter months sometime. Shoot me a private message if you are interested.

Please delete this post if it is not allowed..

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I hope you are enjoying your mirrors or better yet having a sunny summer so far. it has done nothing but rain rain rain here in the South East.

Back