Pylon for 2018 SSX

Mike D

Reaction score
All...new here so forgive me if my post is off base. First time ever owning a pontoon (tritoon) and stuck with how to tow my kids skiing or tubing. The rear of the deck cannot hold any form of a tow bar becuase the "fence" is all the way to the rear deck edge. there is no free surface to mount. Im told by Customer Support (parts?) that the only option I have it the pylon that goes into the cup holder of my live well table. Anyone have this on their craft? Looks like it would go down the cup holder hole and screw/mount into the flooring? Can anyone confirm? They want almost $1400 for the pylon while online generic versions are 400. Id like to add a generic, but dont know about the mounting and what all is involved. Any help would be appreciated.

Get the factory one, that thing is a beast. Super strong and is approved to tow tubes, which you'd be surprised how many actually aren't! Just my opinion

I’d say go with the factory version OR go with adding a “turbo-swing” to the back of the boat. Neither option is cheap, but they both will work in your situation, and both are rated for towing tubers.

Last edited:
We have a turbo-swing on ours and love it!

Attachments

• 8499C23A-A5C2-4B38-9DC1-459978B3B30A.jpeg
    8499C23A-A5C2-4B38-9DC1-459978B3B30A.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 24
There is a heavy aluminum bracket for it welded into the transom and a reinforcing plate underneath the deck. The two mounting points are all it needs and a trim piece at the cupholder to finish it off. For the price quoted I think I'd be looking for a different dealer! Prices have increased but $400+ above msrp is crazy. And greedy! Even worse if installation isnt included! Time to shop around and it'd be simple enough to install yourself.

Back