Quick release bimini cover

penn1

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that while the system does eliminate rattling noises, and the idea is good there are issues.

It is not easy for a woman/ elderly to get these in place without a rubber mallet. I am a pretty big guy, and on first attempt to put the cover up into place, one of the legs comes out of the bracket sways sideways, and practically rips a seat. Since there is no locking mechanism to keep this in place, I feel the design could be improved. In addition, the small tabs that are to prevent the sideways movement on the upper arms are not long enough. Thoughts?

hi Penn,

I'm 114 lbs. and have no trouble with the quick release system. In fact, it is 100% better than the fittings on my last two boats (1 fiberglass, 1 pontoon) I figured out that the arms can be loosened a bit before you "release" the fitting by using the big plastic wing nuts toward the top of each arm. They can be tightened again afterward. The arms DO lock into the frame, wonder why yours do not? Haven't experienced any arm sway from side to side. I also found that a bit of chapstick around the release fitting helped ease the fitting in and out before it broke in. (no mallet necessary) Now it's a piece of cake. Keep working with it, it should get easier!

p.s. The top has to be in arch position before putting the cover on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back