R Series Captain Chair

Since I did not upgrade to a raised helm, but I upgraded to the R chair, does the seat have height adjustment?
I don't think they're doing height adjusters on any of them these days.

I agree.  My 2013 2250RCL has a raised helm and the captains chair will swivel and recline.  No up/down travel.  I could tell you for sure if the ice on my lake would ever go out!!!  Maybe a couple more weeks.  30-4-' of clear water till the 20" or so of ice.

I will check mine on Thursday, I know it swivels and reclines but not sure if it raises up.

I have the upgraded R chairs, and they slide and turn only--no up and down. It would have been easy at the factory, but a major pain to change after the fact!

No up and Down on ours .

Our 2008 has the up and down but it does not work anymore.  I talked to Bennington about it and they don't use that style anymore because of all the warranty claims.

I had the same issues with my S series. I contacted Springfield Marine, who supplies Bennington their pedestals. I purchased the pedestal off of their scratch and dent page. I bought the 11.75" to 15" mainstay and a new swivel slider. I had to buy the swivel slider due to pedestal size difference. You will have to drill new bolt holes since the new base is slightly larger. It only took about 30 minutes for wife and I to install. Probably one of the best mods that I have done.

With the full underskinning, it is a real pain to get at the base bolts.  We had one member that did replace the base and he wrote about it.

Back