Radio Connector

jameyw

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for the radio side of the radio connector? This is for a 2020 22 ft 22S Saltwater Series. The previous owner made a mess of the radio connections and some wires are cut right at the connector so I can't even fix it with butt crimp connector.

Thanks

Anyone have a source for the radio side of the radio connector? This is for a 2020 22 ft 22S Saltwater Series. The previous owner made a mess of the radio connections and some wires are cut right at the connector so I can't even fix it with butt crimp connector.

Thanks

I think you'll need the radio specific wiring harness... What radio head unit do you have?

I could be mistaken ,but I don't believe Bennington offered a Boss unit . Is it possible the previous owner changed it ? Which would also explain the wiring harnesses mess .

If isn't factory, they did a good job at least mounting it and the Boss speakers. It is to the left of the steering wheel. It might also explain the 4 holes in a rectangle pattern around the radio.

Anyway, back to the connector... If I can identify the connector I can either replace it or maybe find a pin removal tool and replace the pins and fix the mess.

Here is the contact information for Bennington . If you contact them have your Hull ID .

(888) 906-2628

assuming this is your unit: https://bossaudio.com/product/mgr350b/

it doesn't appear to have a replaceable wiring harness. if the wires are indeed cut too short to the head unit, you can't do anything without cracking it open and soldering... it's only $200 new, so i'd replace wholesale, or with another unit. seems cheap relative to boat expenses, lol...

The original radio was most likely a Rockford PMX 2 . They are rectangular

The hole isn't rectangular. I guess it is possible it was ordered w/o a radio but most of the wires from the radio go into a connector that matches a connector that is part of the boat wiring harness which makes it appear to be factory. I'll grab some photos so maybe they will explain more.

The hole isn't rectangular. I guess it is possible it was ordered w/o a radio but most of the wires from the radio go into a connector that matches a connector that is part of the boat wiring harness which makes it appear to be factory. I'll grab some photos so maybe they will explain more.

The hole for the rockfords is round. but the display is squared. fyi

Finally managed to get time to get a few pics of the connector. Pretty sure it is a Molex but not sure of exact model.

Attachments

• 20221014_121929.jpg
    20221014_121929.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221014_121945.jpg
    20221014_121945.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221014_122042.jpg
    20221014_122042.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
Back