radio memory

Bob225

Reaction score
I have read all the memory wire forum discussions but I havent seen an answer for my situation. I have a 2013 SPDX S series. The Sony radio has a yellow constant 12v and a red accessory 12v that come out of the radio and then go in the same slot on the connector to the harness. I ran a wire from the battery directly to the yellow and the radio would not turn on, I then tried the red to the battery and nothing happened, I then tried the red and yellow to battery and nothing. Rewiring back to original it works fine. How do I keep the memory? I do have a perko switch and I do have to turn the ACC switch to turn on the radio which were both on.

I added and amp and subwoofer. Radio settings are adjusted for ideal settings on equalizer to custom so I want to keep these settings.

Attachments

• 130D3001-73BE-4DDE-89AB-524E199EB047.png
    130D3001-73BE-4DDE-89AB-524E199EB047.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 10
The chart shows number 16 YELLOW wire to be required for memory function. It should remain 12V positive at ALLTIMES. This means you need to wire AROUND the Perko switch and go to battery positive direct. Also, the number 8 Black wire should be grounded at ALL TIMES as well. Don't trust the boat harness to supply constant ground without testing with a meter. Grounding thru gauge or accessory harness can be deceiving so test the ground circuit to the battery negative to be sure. With the Yellow wire positive at all times and the Black wire negative at all times your memory should remain constant. Good luck, hope this helps.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you store the boat for long periods the battery will go dead so if you can't keep a charger connected you need to disconnect the Yellow wire before storing the vessel. The radio memory does not pull much power so the boat should be able to support the memory for a month or more with good battery.

Agree with the battery drain. When my dealer added the second battery, he was thoughtful and wired the radio memory around the Perko switch. We can go 6 weeks not getting to the lake. The radio killed the battery. I unhooked the memory wire. We can only get 2 FM radio stations on the lake so no big deal.

The chart shows number 16 YELLOW wire to be required for memory function. It should remain 12V positive at ALLTIMES. This means you need to wire AROUND the Perko switch and go to battery positive direct. Also, the number 8 Black wire should be grounded at ALL TIMES as well. Don't trust the boat harness to supply constant ground without testing with a meter. Grounding thru gauge or accessory harness can be deceiving so test the ground circuit to the battery negative to be sure. With the Yellow wire positive at all times and the Black wire negative at all times your memory should remain constant. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thank you, yes I did run a wire direct to the battery for the Yelllow (fused), but I did not run a direct to the battery for the ground. I will try that. During the summer we will boat at least 3 days a week so I dont see where a dead battery could be a high risk. I still have the other battery should that be the case.

Last edited:
Back