Raised Chrome reg Numbers

MrG

Reaction score
I have a set of Domed Numbers on my Q for the most part Im happy but after I installed them I started Re-thinking my purchace and placment of the numbers.

Problem #1

Im thinking the Reg numbers should be in aligment with Raised Bennington Logo: Example in my photo below the Reg numbers should be up a few inches (Yellow Line)

52aa06db-bc3f-4b0a-8db4-5b1d7ab68e6a_zps8brlaz9r.jpg

Problem # 2 I don't think the Font on the Domed numbers matched the Bennington Font very well. Hint Hint TB you guys should sell the dealers your Raised letters so that customers / Dealers can build their own CF numbers :)

Problem #3  Here is the land of "Californa" (Our Great Leaders) have decided that we need to adorn our boats with an aditional sticker that needs to sit next to our registration numbers. And the way I have my Reg numbers set up this is not possable. So I would need to take of my Reg numbers off and make room for this Aditional sticker that the state will require me to have starting next year. 

So that brings me to my current situation. I found some new raised letters that (I think) will look better then the current Domed Letters. I orderd a set at a cost of $111  that breakes down to $7 per letter. 

They said If i get them and I don't peal the sticky off the back and I dont like them they will take them back,

http://www.chromeemblems.com/auto_emblems/boat_chrome

So I can take care of a few issues all at once. So I just wanted to share if anyone was in the market for some new reg numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
What additional California decal this time?  The newest addition (mussel decal) came out 2 years ago.

Yes the STUPID Mussel Sticker I have been throwing it in the garbage for the last few years. It's about to catch up with me I dont need or want the hassle. They are going to start checking and asking for the sticker starting next year, IMO it's a total JOKE. I don't know WHY California can't color the Sticker we use diffrently so that we dont have to have a 2nd Registration Sticker.  OK RANT ON.

This Dumb ass Sticker is included in your California boat Reg. YOU CANT AVOID if you wanted to, Well I guess you could avoid it if you didnt want to pay the mesley $16 they are sucking from you, $16 big deal take it and go away CA. If you were willing to go threw a lengthy process of telling the oficials "and proving it" that you don't EVER use your boat in fresh water. You could avoid giving them $16 but who care's its worth $16 to me to not to have to put the stupid sticker on my boat.  Like I said total JOKE. Its just a away to tax you a extra $16 and say they gave you somting in return. 

IMO once the mussle sticker fund reaches a few million dollars,  Dian Feinstine will raid the fund and use the money we gave them to close a boating location in the name of a "endangerd salamander, or mosquito"      

Yep I know, I think it's dumb too.  I know out in Havasu they do look to see if you've got it displayed.  Only in California.

That's Great that Lake Havasu ask's you for a Mussle sticker LOL Lake Havasu already has Mussle's what are they trying to insure?  IMO they should mark of the boats that go into infected waters with the mark of ZORO or a Scarlet letter, and leave the rest of us alone LOL

Then when you want to boat in UN infected waters you simply prove your boat is clean and you get the Mark of Zoro removed! You should see the regimi you have to go threw to boat on Lake Tahoe

BTW here is a map of the infected lakes in Ca

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcX1u4MNVkQ0AQkIunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyNDZrOXY4BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3YjhkZGVmNmU5NTU2M2FkMzI3MGU5YzJiZTAwNWI2OARncG9zAzMEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DMussel%2Binfected%2Blakes%2Bcalifornia%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-001%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D3&w=1050&h=1425&imgurl=nas.er.usgs.gov%2Ftaxgroup%2Fmollusks%2Fzebramussel%2Fmaps%2FCaliforniaDreissenaMap.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dfg.ca.gov%2Finvasives%2Fquaggamussel%2F&size=954.5KB&name=Locations+of+Quagga+and+Zebra+%3Cb%3EMussels%3C%2Fb%3E+in+%3Cb%3ECalifornia%3C%2Fb%3E+%28JPEG%29+Check+...&p=mussel+infested+lakes+california&oid=7b8ddef6e95563ad3270e9c2be005b68&fr2=piv-web&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&rw=mussel+infested+lakes+california&tt=Locations+of+Quagga+and+Zebra+%3Cb%3EMussels%3C%2Fb%3E+in+%3Cb%3ECalifornia%3C%2Fb%3E+%28JPEG%29+Check+...&b=0∋=21&no=3&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11di60inb&sigb=14qm0gtke&sigi=12dcbk0so&sigt=12iof4sm2&sign=12iof4sm2&.crumb=pdeLUurA0KG&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&fr2=piv-web&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla

They used to hot scrub your boat at Lake Powell until they determined that the mussels got in there too.  They certainly are destructive little creatures, no doubt about that, but I'm not really sure what can be done about them now.  They've kind of taken over many of the lakes.

They started doing this at my lake too. I went and got inspected and they gave me a sticker to put on my trailer, one for the boat by reg #'s and a piece of paper stating it was done to keep on the vessel in case the sticker came off. Well you can bet that my sticker came off before it even went on! I told the girl I wasn't putting it on, she said well the CO's will stop you, I told her I don't care, I don't do anything illegal anyway!

Thanks for the link! I had looked at these guys years ago for my second boat, but also was trying to get my dealer to get his logo done by them as it would be much nicer than the sticker he currently has. Obviously more expensive, but at least when he sells a $140k Super Air Nautique, it would be a little more deserving of a fancy logo! 

McZiggy; thanks for the link but that exactly what I have now. I have a set of Domed Numbers on my Nautique and on that boat it's a perfect match but on the Benny Not so much

From their site 

"This style is guaranteed to match your Boat. 
If you are not satisfied we will refund 100% of your purchase."

"This style is guaranteed to match your Boat. 

If you are not satisfied we will refund 100% of your purchase."
Did i forget to leave out the letters have been on my boat for about 2 years now?

Back