Raised helm seat noise

tref

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Pontoon 2075GS with raised helm. The seat mount is squeaking a lot, I need to tighten up the bolts. I’m trying to find the lock nuts under the bolts but I need to know where to look. Are they "between the raised helm floor and the Pontoon floor” or are they "between the Pontoon floor and the wave shield”?

Thanks,

Francois

I believe they're between the helm and the floor. You can look through the side skirt to see if they are under the floor. I can see ours on our boat but we don't have a raised helm.

that would mean the fiberglass floor of the raised helm takes the stress of my 250lbs weight. It does not seems to flex around there so either it is super reinforced or the mount reaches to the pontoon floor with a spacer and longer bolts. I'll check more closely but does anyone have certainty and hands on experience on raised helm seat mount?

regards,

Seems like earlier this spring there was a discussion on how to tighten the chair on a raised helm platform. I did a quick search but found nothing. Perhaps someone else will be able to chime in...

I found this one, is that the one you meant? It does not refers to Raised Helm, clearly without raised helm you need to go under the pontoon floor either by removing the wave shield or from the side by removing the side skirt.

But I'm still unclear where the nuts are with the raised helm, hence my question at the beginning of this thread.

On my 2017 G raised helm, the nuts for the seat are under the decking, so my guess is you'd have to remove the waveshield directly under your seat to get to them, or some extended wrench system to access from the side. 

Back