Ready to order a24sfx

myv10

Reaction score
Going to order a new 24 sfx with 150 and sps, is the ski pylon adequate for tubing and does anyone know if Bennington would put an aluminum mounting plate on both pontoons so I could mount an extra fish finder transducer.

Congrats on the new boat.  I don't have the ski pylon (I went for the extended aft deck instead), but that 150 will have no problem draggin' stuff around.

The port and starboard pontoons both already have mounting brackets for mounting transducers at the rear, so you should have no problem mounting a second one.

I had the pylon on my previous Bennie and now have the over the motor tow "frame." I prefer it over the pylon.

Check with your dealer. Contrary to tcpip, my boat only has the port mount.

@Goldenrod, now that I'm thinking about this, I'm wondering if mine may have both sides because I have the saltwater series.  This bracket has a pair of zincs installed on it, so that may be the reason.  Mine has the transponder located on the starboard toon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine also just has the port side mount.  I could be wrong but I think they usually put two on for those ordering underwater lights (on the rear of course).  As far as the ski pylon, it's plenty adequate for pulling skiers, wakeboarders and/or tubers.  Solid as a rock. 

Salt water series boats have brackets on both toons. I'd add that option now so you have both from the factory. Here is mine.
boat%20liftsmall_zpslqczbyjz.jpg

+1 on the stout tow bar, very solid.  I would ask for the second bracket.

Salt water series boats have brackets on both toons. I'd add that option now so you have both from the factory. Here is mine.
boat%20liftsmall_zpslqczbyjz.jpg

Yep, that my same setup, just reversed (transducer on starboard).

My GCW came with brackets on both port/starboard toons but I don't believe it was an option. As far as the pylon is concerned, it works great and is removable when not in use.

Going to order a new 24 sfx with 150 and sps, is the ski pylon adequate for tubing and does anyone know if Bennington would put an aluminum mounting plate on both pontoons so I could mount an extra fish finder transducer.

Your boat will come with one bracket on the port side unless you have underwater lights added.  I had my dealer add the second bracket the week before the build.  It was very cheap and not an issue.  By all means request one if you like.  It should not be an issue.

If you're ordering the boat, just have the bracket added at the factory during the build.

Back