Rear lounger / Battery Cover

buckeyelake

Reaction score
I have a 23rcw and have an issue. The rear lounger where the batteries are has a small wood cover that goes on the plastic seat frame. When the seat is on anytime someone puts too much pressure the cover falls thru and seat sags down.

Any solutions?

Call your dealer, something's not right.

Mine is plastic, does the same thing .Happens when I am snapping the cover and I put my knee in a certain spot .

Can't go  bigger wont be able to get it in ,smaller it will just fall through.

Sometimes my boys lay in reverse on the lounger and I have never had a problem. It seem pretty stout.

I can lay on mine just fine .It only happens when I kneel on it in the one spot 

Same exact issue. Putting cover or kneeling in that corner and falls right thru. Sent dealer email we shall see.

Same exact issue. Putting cover or kneeling in that corner and falls right thru. Sent dealer email we shall see.
Let me know what they do .They only thing I can see is a new lounger base with a smaller opening.

Larger cover wont work for me  

Any photos? This seems liek an odd design. I thought these boats were wood free aside from the deck.....

If I remember ,I'll take some pics Saturday .Big storm going through right now .

Any photos? This seems liek an odd design. I thought these boats were wood free aside from the deck.....

Mine does the same thing but has a plastic cover. Only happens when someone kneels directly on it, but it's still really annoying. Just seems like a poor design to me.

I'm pretty sure mine only does it when I don't take my time and make sure it is inserted into the little slot/ledge part properly. Not to say that you guys aren't doing it properly, just speaking for myself. And both mine have been plastic, not wood. I even have a couple pics from other members and their's are both plastic as well.

It's definitely not setting it properly in my case. That plastic rim is just a bit too flexible when it gets weight right down on it. 

Sounds like I have the old design where I have 1 battery under each rear lounger.  I assume you guys all have the new style where both batteries on are on 1 side?

Sounds like I have the old design where I have 1 battery under each rear lounger.  I assume you guys all have the new style where both batteries on are on 1 side?
Mine are both under the port side. I don't think it's an old design though. You can select in the boat builder whether you want them both on port or split between port and starboard. 

Mine is a 2011 boat and the only option was dual battery with switch. You folks with all these "new" boats are making me jealous.  Towers, wrap around windshields weren't even thought of or offered until AFTER I bought my boat.  I swear its a conspiracy by Bennington :D   :D   :D :D  :D   :D   

Mine is a 2011 boat and the only option was dual battery with switch. You folks with all these "new" boats are making me jealous.  Towers, wrap around windshields weren't even thought of or offered until AFTER I bought my boat.  I swear its a conspiracy by Bennington :D   :D   :D :D  :D   :D   
I'm with you on the conspiracy theory!! It's what happened to me! I buy a boat exactly the way I want it, then two months later they say oooh, look at this fancy new tower, oooh, wouldn't THAT look nice, all the cool kids are going to have it, oooh. Dang it I took the bait!! All that constant taunting I was mentally doing to myself was too much! What's a guy to do?

I have the plastic cover on mine. I had it out laying in the sun the other day while I was doing on the battery compartment changes.  When I went to put it back in it wouldn't fit!!!  It had expanded to much with the heat.  I put it in the shade for 15 minutes and it fit like a glove.  I regularly have people sitting right on top of that seat with no issues. 

Mine" fits like a glove" also .I cant sit or lay .just don't kneel in the one spot .It falls though .

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:

And seats, changing room door and lid.

Back