Recommended Side Fender for 2021 RX

Reaction score
Just purchased this boat. I was looking through the threads regarding side fenders, I see that Taylor Made is the recommended brand cited most often for Bennington Pontoon, and the Taylor Made boat rail fender is recommended for the Taylor Made side fender strap. I am looking for any comments pro or con. Thank you in advance.
IMG_1084.jpg

Many here use the EZ Fender with their fender/ bumper.
Ezfender.com
I have had them on 3 of my Benningtons .

Do a search in the upper right corner. Lots of threads the last few years. Taylor Made and EZ Fender are the most common ones recommended. A few other brands have been bantered about too. Those threads have a TON of pro and con discussion between mainly the Taylor Made and EZ Fender.

I chose Taylor Made.
PROS: Cheap. Simple. Easily Removable. No Installation. They work for us.

CONS: If you leave them on when underway, and go fast, water can catch your bumper and it might pull off. We take bumpers off when underway so they don’t bang around, so this con is not a concern for us...aside from forgetting twice and having to track down our missing bumper.

Do a search in the upper right corner. Lots of threads the last few years. Taylor Made and EZ Fender are the most common ones recommended. A few other brands have been bantered about too. Those threads have a TON of pro and con discussion between mainly the Taylor Made and EZ Fender.

I chose Taylor Made.
PROS: Cheap. Simple. Easily Removable. No Installation. They work for us.

CONS: If you leave them on when underway, and go fast, water can catch your bumper and it might pull off. We take bumpers off when underway so they don’t bang around, so this con is not a concern for us...aside from forgetting twice and having to track down our missing bumper.
thank you!

+1 for ez fender! Nice boat!

Back