Rehoboth Bay Bakers Channel

Airlifter

Reaction score
Looking for local info regarding shoaling in the Bakers Channel. the NOAA chart 12216 shows a MLLW (mean lower low water) 1 ft @ R8 in the north side Raccoon PT.

0-0-0.jpg

Yikes! Too complicated for me but here's hoping you avoid the shoals...

Sorry. I’ll bet a call to a local marina can get into touch with someone. Coast Guard auxiliary?

Mike31406 Thanks for your Service,
Local Marina has been helpful and I am waiting for the Coast Guard Aux to message back. I've heard that this area during the few good hours of Memorial Day weekend had over 30 calls to Tow Boat US, during low tide. I'm not overly surprised and wish to gain the knowledge of others who've gone before me.

Mike31406 Thanks for your Service,
Local Marina has been helpful and I am waiting for the Coast Guard Aux to message back. I've heard that this area during the few good hours of Memorial Day weekend had over 30 calls to Tow Boat US, during low tide. I'm not overly surprised and wish to gain the knowledge of others who've gone before me.
Smart man! 30 calls would certainly make me curious.

Went through there today, not at low tide but close though. At high tide and even about 4:00 there was plenty of water and no issues getting through. However, I had less than 3 feet of water where there used to be 8 feet. Talking to the guys at the marina they said it's no problem during high tide, but take Massey's when it's low tide.

Hey John where are you located, I am in mariners cove. By the look of things looks it will be a long trip for me to paradise grill. Heard a lot of people had problems getting to the grill at low tide in Indian river.

Larry, I’m at Rehoboth Bay Marina in Dewey. From hearing people talk it sounds like a mess but I had little problem going through. I did see a lot of people go through Massey’s though

Larry, I’m at Rehoboth Bay Marina in Dewey. From hearing people talk it sounds like a mess but I had little problem going through. I did see a lot of people go through Massey’s though
Thanks will give a try this weekend

Back