replace pontoon logs

Harry J

Reaction score
Hi first time post .. recently bought a 1998 bennington FS2275 and the toons had water in them. my welder said pontoons were to corroded to repair suggested replace. my question is if I replace with longer logs say 24 ft how is this going to affect boat. welder says just extend logs out the back no problem. little concerned that motor will be between the logs rather than behind them. Any experiences out there with replacement??

Harry, welcome to the forum. Frankly, I'd be looking for a new pontoon rather than replacing the logs. Unless you can do it yourself, it seems like a lot of money toward an old boat. Either way, good luck!

Welcome! I agree with the Michiman. Do a Search in the right hand upper corner to get an idea what your getting into.

One word: E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E.

Two words: VERY EXPENSIVE

thanks for the comments. I know this wont be a cheap undertaking but I have looked for a replacement boat and the prices theses days make it difficult. my boat has decent funiture, good flooring, great trailer and working115hp motor. hard to find anything under 20k. I did find some used pontoons at Bills boatstuff for about $900 each. so my problem about using ones too long has went away since he has ones that fit. My welder says he will replace them for $800 each so i'll have about $3400 in the project. i'll still only have about 12K in the boat so I think I'm still ahead.

Back