RGB Lighting Help

SouthArk

Reaction score
We just purchased our boat. Looking to add rgb lights to the interior and exterior. I’ve searched and found post on separate lighting projects but nothing on a total lighting project. I would like to have everything on one controller. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase parts and lights? Also, is it better to install under seat lighting or replace my kicker speakers with the rgb version? Thanks in advance!

Also, is it better to install under seat lighting or replace my kicker speakers with the rgb version? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the group! Post up some pictures of your new boat if you are so inclined. We love looking at members new rides!

I can’t speak to the first part as electrical DYI is not my wheel house. Good luck with it though!

As to this last part, I think it is personal choice. No bad choice to be made. We have the full RGB Bennington OEM set up. So interior wise, we have the under the seat, cup holder, and speaker lighting. I really like having both the speaker and under the seat lighting. The cup holder lighting is fine, but wouldn’t be missed either.

I think under seat + speaker RGB lighting looks great in conjunction with one another. Personally, I’d say if you could do both, it’s really nice and worth it.

However, if you have to choose one OR the other, the under the seat lighting by far has the most impact and visual effect when evening & night cruising. So if just going with one of the two, my personal advise would be under the seat.

We just purchased our boat. Looking to add rgb lights to the interior and exterior. I’ve searched and found post on separate lighting projects but nothing on a total lighting project. I would like to have everything on one controller. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase parts and lights? Also, is it better to install under seat lighting or replace my kicker speakers with the rgb version? Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming you plan on a lot of night boating ? If not, spend your money somewhere else. Also, colored lights on the exterior are illegal in many States. Only white is allowed. I'm also assuming you know what your State allows.

Back