Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 Terrible FM Reception Help

Huntfun

Reaction score
Took delivery of a new 2022 Bennington LX series pontoon a few weeks ago. It came with a Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 w/ Subwoofer system. It's an awesome system when streaming music but gets terrible FM reception. I am unable to get and hold most of the local stations and it is drivng me nuts. I talked to Rockford Fosgate tech support and they are telling me I need to add an external antenna. Talk to the regional Bennington Rep and he said reach out in this forum for help.

Wondering if anyone on this forum has run into this issue? If you have, how did you resolve it? If you added an antenna, which brand and model? Are you happy with the results?

Your current antenna is most likely bundled up under your helm . 1st thing to try is to stretch it out . If that doesn't help, on my previous Benningtons I used a " T" antenna from Amazon that helped and taped it to the underside of the helm. I also have the PMX 3, but haven't changed the antenna since I have the Sirius.

Ditto Jack. I had no reception for 6 years. Unbundled antenna line under helm, and decent reception now. That said, I still stream Pandora about 99-100% of the time from my phone. That said, I just like the idea that I can pull FM if I want or need to.

Yep my antenna was bundled up and satellite antenna was not hooked up at all. If I was Mr. Bennington I would ask for the guy responsible to find a new job if that incompetence happens again. Fm is still not great but it does work for us. When dealer pulled it all out they made it easy to plug a nicer antenna in.

Thanks for input everyone!! Nice to be part of a helpful forum!

Jack M...I spoke to my salesman and he is having a tech go out to our place to check to see if the antenna on my unit is unbundled then fix if not. I am also going to ask that they confirm satellite antenna is also hooked up properly. I am hopeful this is the issues and when fixed it works well enough I do not feel the need to do anything further.

Thanks for input everyone!! Nice to be part of a helpful forum!

Jack M...I spoke to my salesman and he is having a tech go out to our place to check to see if the antenna on my unit is unbundled then fix if not. I am also going to ask that they confirm satellite antenna is also hooked up properly. I am hopeful this is the issues and when fixed it works well enough I do not feel the need to do anything further.
If you are so inclined, report back and let us know how it goes.

Also, I just noticed your location with this last post. We have a place on Houghton Lake now, but our previous cottage was at Shanty Creek resort, outside of Bellaire. Had a nice Hamel ski chalet near the Schuss slopes for nearly 15 years. Great area up that way. Miss it! So many great memories.

Well the dealer tech came out and indeed my antenna was stilled rolled up so they did there thing. Want to report I am now getting better reception but it still leaves a lot to desire. There are local station that still do not come in good. Very disappointing given what we pay for these items!! Still an outstanding sound system when streaming, Going to look into added an external antenna.

Back