Rod locker

Dan S

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the rod locker on page 53 of the Bennington catalogue? How big is it? Is it made out of the roto material like the furniture bases? I would like to use it for general storage and not fishing rod storage. Maybe for the cover poles or? I'm getting a 21SLX and it looks like there's plenty of room behind the helm seat for it. It also looks like it's a dealer installed item in the cataloge or I guess I could order from parts and install myself. only $94 in catalogue. Opinions, thoughts and info please.

Dan S

I have the Rod Locker on mine. But  if I see corrrectly it is not an option for the 21 SLX,  I see  Rod Holder that is an option for $94. The Rod Locker is  I think an option for the fishing models and is $574.

Thanks

Our SSX has it installed and is nice and out of the way and like you I think I will use it more for cover poles, etc. Well worth the money for the extra storage.

MJ Lawson, what are the dimensions of your locker? can the rod clips inside be removed? is it made out of the roto cast material like the furniture bases? Is is just screwed to the deck? Lots of questions but there's precious little on the Bennington site. Was it $500+.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan S, Here is some more info for you hope it helps.

It is padded vinyl on the outside and on the inside it is carpeted but only the area under the door. Not sure what the box it self is made of under the carpet and vinyl.

There is two keyed locks, not sure about if the Rod holder part can be easily removed, I can not tell how they are attached.

It also appears to be screwed to the deck from inside the box.

Mine is about 91" long, it starts about 3" from the helm and goes all the way back to the fence in the rear.

I do like mine and I currently only use it for fishing rods and not for any other type of storage.

8da5382181dd96f13fee5b2d953cd3b3_zpscb9fedf9.jpg

e549abe3626fa5a61396226958753f9b_zpsc761fccd.jpg

3cf0189737889b20c280ebd0c2ba9b2d_zps06caad72.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing looks pretty cool. I wish I would have known about that!. Probably only an option on fishing models though.

One thing I noticed... I LOVE THAT FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing looks pretty cool. I wish I would have known about that!. Probably only an option on fishing models though.
Andy, I believe it is, but would probably have to check with a dealer to make sure.

I wouldn't think it would be hard for them to make them shorter and without the rod holders, to fit in other models.

Would be nice for extra storage.

One thing I noticed... I LOVE THAT FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What floor, Mine in the first pics or the Sea Grass on the factory pic (last Pic), 

Update: Never mind, I see you have the same floor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan S, it was already installed on the pontoon when we looked at it so not sure what the cost was. It is a new 2014 20SSX w a bunch of options that we wanted and less than a '15 w the same options. Looks like the pics above and is bolted to the floor and I think the clips would be a pain to remove- may see if they can leave them out when they install it if you don't want them in there. I think it's one of those options you would really like, storage is always a premium.

Back