RPM gauge

turkeysub

Reaction score
I bought a new Bennington and it only has a RPM dial and no MPH dial. Is that now normal? If so, how do you know how fast you are going?

GPS speedometer app on your phone. I check RPM to speed the first of the year to remind myself. 3000 rpm is 28 mph etc.
4000 rpm is too windy to talk.

I use my Chart plotter and have an App as well for speed.

I bought a new Bennington and it only has a RPM dial and no MPH dial. Is that now normal? If so, how do you know how fast you are going?

Interesting. What boat model do you have? Is it an SV line boat or something like that?

OR does it have a Garmin or Simrad or something of that sort that the MPH is going through instead of an older traditional gauge?

Those older gauges are not very accurate anyway, so wondering if they are just not bothering with them in favor of digital display gps based mph displays….?

Interesting. What boat model do you have? Is it an SV line boat or something like that?

OR does it have a Garmin or Simrad or something of that sort that the MPH is going through instead of an older traditional gauge?

Those older gauges are not very accurate anyway, so wondering if they are just not bothering with them in favor of digital display gps based mph displays….?

A chart plotter would. Fish finder may.

I haven't turned on my Garmin yet. I bought 24 SVSR. Would Garmin have MPH?
I guess you’ll find out when you turn it on…. However the SV lineup is their value series lineup. Meant to be bear-bones, but lowest cost. Thus, I don’t know what comes with those, and how pared back the set up is on them.

My guess since you don’t have an MPH gauge, but do have a Garmin with the boat, is that your speed will come through that, and likely be more accurate as a result of being based on GPS. However, since it is a SV model, I don’t know for sure.

I have a Simrad system on our Bennington, not a Garmin, so I’m not sure about your unit. On the Simrad, yes MPH as determined by gps and is shown along with lots of other information/data. Love it!

However, I have a Mercury with digital controls, and somewhat linked systems. Not sure how things would work for other motors, setups, whichever Garmin you might have, etc….

I asked the same question when I was building my boat. I know if you don’t select the Simrad or Garmin on the website there is an option for speedometer. I was looking at an LX so it’s not just the SV (although you get many less option choices to keep ordering simple). It may not have been an option or as others have suggested it may be in your fish finder. You have gotten many good suggestions for this. I wanted the traditional gauges with the Simrad but they wouldn’t do it just went with the Simrad only.

I have a 2021 SX and the mph shows digitally on the Garmin. There is no speedometer on the dash. Only RPM.

I have a 2021 LXSB, and it doesn't have a speedo. Have a Striker 4 that shows GPS speed , but readout is tiny. Otherwise, can use app on phone

Depending on what motor set up you have (didn't see it in your profiles), if you have a Mercury, you can always buy the "Vessel View) and blue tooth all the engine data to your phone. RPM, speed, fuel burn, all engine parameters, fault codes, etc.

Back