Running light screws, do they come out ?

frd1952

Reaction score
I just got an 08 Bennington 2275 and the green running light burned out. I have read about the LED bulbs and would like to replace mine with those. However, access to just get to the dang bulb is a bummer. Do the 2 little screws around the base of the lens holder itself come out (mine do not, just keep twisting), and will this give me access to the bulbs ? I have the white/beige large plastic "corner" pieces that the running lights sit on top of (no docking lights). I can't even get the larger ss screws holding that plastic piece to come out, even though it seems like the nut piece underneath is indeed firm into the bottom of the wood decking with the little tips that dig into the wood ???

What is the trick to getting the running lights off of the plastic please, and same for getting the large plastic corner light assembly pieces off of the decking (in case I wanted to put some dock lights up there as well) ? IF I do put on dock lights, what types/sources are recommended please, and would they just attach on top of the plastic corner pieces similar to the running lights, or are they more "internal" to the plastic piece or somewhere else ? Also, which of the Accy panel toggle switches should docking lights be wired to ?

Thanks,

FRD

FRD, welcome aboard!

I would try wedging a flat blade screwdriver under either/both pieces as you try to remove the screws, prying upward to create some friction.

You may want to contact your dealer and see if replacement assemblies are available just in case......

All the screws for the lights have nuts underneath the deck. You have to remove the large screws first, nuts take 7/16" wrench. The screws for the actual navi lights have I believe a 5/32" nut and only 1 screw goes through the deck. Once you get it all apart change out the docking bulbs for Silverstar ultras. They are much brighter. I believe they are an H-1. The led bulbs for the navi lights are a festoon bulb but I don't remember the length which is in millimeters. And make sure the leds that you purchase are the same color as the lens, red and green. I've done this a couple of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all....I did get the nuts off of the bottoms, wow. Actually the bulb had just jumped out of the bottom metal tip holder I guess from wave action or something.

If I wanted to get docking lights are there some aftermarket ones which are good and which just mount onto the top of that plastic corner piece ? Can I get festoon bulbs which work in the current nav light fixtures that are LED bulbs ? I understand to get LEDs which are the color of the lens.

Thanks again.

FRD

Great, found them...THANKS. That site is way cheaper/better than some others I looked at.

Only questions I still have on this topic are related to the possibility of adding docking lights up front.

1) is there a good aftermarket product that easily mounts onto the plastic corner pieces, and if so what brand/style and from where ?

2) I think there is a rocker switch on the console that says Dock Lights (or similar), and I assume the switch may have power running to it already from the fuse block, but is the way to access the wiring and the fuses under the console through the cooler door ?

FRD

Back