Salt Water Edition

KristaHarborside

Reaction score
Hello, 

I was wondering if there are any Bennington owners that use their pontoon on salt water? Let me know thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

Krista

There are quite a few Florida boaters that will chime in Krista.

Hi Krista. Welcome to the forum. I purchased my Bennington two years ago,and it was a demo boat that the marina's owner used as a personal boat. It is a  2010 2550RCW model. At the time the boat was manufactured,there was no Saltwater series available per the sales person. And I did ask about it! I was told that Benningtons were built to a higher standards than the other pontoon manufacturers. So their marketing people were urging Bennington to also put it on their boats.Because some of the other boats had the saltwater emblems.  As far as the differences between saltwater series today and the non saltwater series. But I will tell you that my boat shows no salt water damage at all. And I will tell you that my boat has been in a saltwater environment for 5 years! The only thing that I can't tell you about is how shark hide holds up to salt. My boat has never been had shark hide applied to the pontoons. And all that has happened is some minor darkening of the finish. Lastly,I do run my boat regularly in the open ocean off Ocean City Md. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to message me.

Perhaps some of the wiser will chime in but I don't think it is difficult to add the anodes or whatever they are called to the toons

We bought our 20SL Saltwater Series in 2012. We had the toons bottom coated as it stays in the water all year. We live on the Nature Coast of Florida on a river that starts out fresh spring water and empties 7 miles downriver to the Gulf saltwater. We have not had any problems except for the boat cover fading on top the seats and Bennington took care of that for us.

Back