Sand Shark Anchor

Jack M

Reaction score
Has any one used this ?

The only place we anchor is shallow water .

Opinions ,comments .

Thanks 

http://sandsharkanchor.com/tag/pontoon/

DSC_3675p-Copy-214x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack

we have the same issue......after a little research, i found the sand spike to get better results.

I will have the spike since it is a little more versatile...

I have looked at the spike ,and I like it . With Shark you dont have to get out of your boat to set it ( if you get the long one ) 

That Sand Shark looks like a pretty good solution, just ordered one of the Ultimate models. I have a sand spike, but often times don't use it because you have to get into the water. In very shallow areas, should be able to set this in from the bow.

I just use my regular anchor/s regardless of the depth of the water............

I haven't anchored yet so can't help here. We beach or the boat is on the lift or floating.

That Sand Shark looks like a pretty good solution, just ordered one of the Ultimate models. I have a sand spike, but often times don't use it because you have to get into the water. In very shallow areas, should be able to set this in from the bow
Were you able to find it anywhere besides the Sandshark site ?

I use a small Danforth anchor from the bow of the current boat. It sets well in sand and weed and is very easy to hand set up on the beach. On the stern I have a heavy, rubber coated, mushroom that really does a great job keeping the stern from swinging about in a light breeze. I also use it as a "drifting hook" for those lazy afternoons when I want the boat to stay sort of in the same place. 

Both of these anchors will find a new home on the GCW when it arrives.

Jack M

Got my new Sand Shark anchor yesterday. It is very high quality and I think it will do the job.

Jack M

Got my new Sand Shark anchor yesterday. It is very high quality and I think it will do the job.
Thanks ,you being in Minnesota ,you most likely wont be using it any time soon .

From the looks of it, I could use it to auger a nice fishing hole!

Yes I did purchase the case and it is also very high quality.

While your waiting for the snow to melt Jack if you have a dog ,you can tether it to the sand shark.

I do have one for our dog ,but it was only $20 ,but it is almost identical as the one they sell for pwc's 

I would like to know if I put anchor under the deck ?

Will it affect the boat handling at anytime in rough water or any thing else.

So has anyone used the Sand Shark yet? If so how do you like it?

Thanks

I ended up buying a box anchor .

Back