Seagrass slate or vinyl slate flooring

Mikemat

Reaction score
Going to get the 2019 bennington 22 ssbxp swing back but unsure what flooring material would be best. Its comes standard with the seagrass slate or the upgrade would be the vinyl slate for $ 700.
Any suggestions or input as weather its worth the money for the upgrade ?

I have the seagrass and love it. Put the money in horsepower, it's never cheaper than now.

We have the seagrass and love it. So far it is durable, cleans as easily as can be expected and us as cool as you can expect in the sun. Highly recommend the extended aft deck. How is it equipped?

Both flooring types are excellent. We have the seagrass and we love it. When we bought, the seagrass was the pricey upgrade. If your boat will come standard with it, I’d stick with it. I’d shift that $700 towards something else.

I echo everything Mike said above about the Seagrass flooring. Feels great on the feet, cleans easily, has a great texture to it, and is simply an all around great boat flooring.

We have Nutmeg Aqua teak and love it. It cleans up great, especially when netting fish in the back.

Actually I am getting the 150hp engine
That’s what we have, it’s a great motor. With our older boat the grands always wanted to go faster, we don’t hear that anymore. Although I have learned through the years that with water sports technique is just as important as hp.

96F20925-ED81-4D17-9A77-5E88079E7733.jpeg
Is it the upgraded slate ?

It was at the time. For me, I'm nervous with the seagrass with dog nails, fishing hooks etc. All depends on your use. When we want soft we have snap in carpet that we can put in. Here in FL it's nice having something that you can easily wash off. I'll net fish and set it on the rear deck, then just rinse that area off later. I don't have to worry about the lure snagging etc.

We went with the Seagrass flooring and dont regret it one bit. Our friend has one with the vinyl and they like it fine also! Their onlu complaint about the vinyl is that if you wear shoes or flip flops on the deck, they leave scuff marks!

Food for thought

Back