Seat Covers

Link

Reaction score
Just looked at SteveL's pix of the seat covers and would like to hear comments about them. This is my first toon and only my second boat [started 2 years ago] My first boat was a 1998 SeaArc deck boat and I hated the job of putting the mooring cover on it. I would have to imagine that the seat covers are a lot easier to deal with but do they do the job?

Also looks like SteveL had carpet in that picture, any concerns over not protecting that. Hoping for some comments that went seat covers and how does the vinyl, fence and carpet look down the road.

Would appreciate TB to post an opinion as well.

A couple points; We use our pontoon a few days a week, if we know we will not be using it for a couple weeks or longer we will use the mooring cover. We also have snap out carpet which is left in most of the time. We will remove the carpet a few times a season for a good vacum and then we apply 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for it's UV protection.

Steve

I ordered seat covers from Bennington. Same material as the PP.

We have vinyl floor.

PP cover is a pain other than long term.

I always use the cover on our boat (could be why it faded and Bennington gave me a new one). It only takes me 10 minutes to put it on, and I know everything is protected inside.

We prefer that you keep your boat fully covered to reduce pollen spores, mold, and sun deterioration. That's why a cover is standard with every boat! However, as Steve suggests, furniture covers are great for "short-term" coverage. Due to the complexitiy of seating lengths and configurations, Bennington does not offer furniture covers, but local canvas sources can obtain Surlast fabric to do the job. :) TB

Should have kmown better, just hoping for an easy way but allright I'll use the playpen cover. Appreciate the response TB

Back