Seat mold

Harv

Reaction score
We have a 2013 23SRS with the soft feel interior. We have been fighting mold for the last few years. It anchors itself in the minute texture of the seats used that year. We have tried everything we can think of and it will no budge. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Harv

I have a 2013 as well. I've used Marine 31 Mildew Stain Remover. Found it to be the best. I use a vinyl & leather cleaning brush for scrubbing. On Amazon it's called a Nanometer Scratch Free Car Interior Cleaning Brush. Make sure to rinse thoroughly, several times.

McKees 37 is what I use here in Florida. Works awesome and was affiliated with marine 31 at one point so probably the same formula.

I've read the the owner of the Marine 31 line of products, has owned / created many brands and products in the car and boat detailing business. I believe he has sold off all his previous product lines and now started McKees 37.

We have a 2013 23SRS with the soft feel interior. We have been fighting mold for the last few years. It anchors itself in the minute texture of the seats used that year. We have tried everything we can think of and it will no budge. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Harv
I have a 2018 and mine had trace mildew already last summer. I contacted Bennington directly and they sent me the attached. Step 1 and 2 failed, step 3 worked, a solution of mild diluted detergent along with dilute (10%) bleach. I was surprised as many said to avoid bleach, but Bennington said ok, if dilute. Also use a soft brush. Leave it wet for 10 minutes or so, then rinse very thoroughly, again using brush. Repeat up to 3 times. It worked for me.
You may also be able to make a warranty claim. I believe Bennington is aware of this issue.
The attached came directly from my regional Bennington rep.
Best to reach

Attachments

• Do_Dont SIM_master Cleaning Care Card.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
I have a 2018 and mine had trace mildew already last summer. I contacted Bennington directly and they sent me the attached. Step 1 and 2 failed, step 3 worked, a solution of mild diluted detergent along with dilute (10%) bleach. I was surprised as many said to avoid bleach, but Bennington said ok, if dilute. Also use a soft brush. Leave it wet for 10 minutes or so, then rinse very thoroughly, again using brush. Repeat up to 3 times. It worked for me.
You may also be able to make a warranty claim. I believe Bennington is aware of this issue.
The attached came directly from my regional Bennington rep.
Best to reach
Thanks for sharing! Some great information.

Thanks,
Harv
We use 303. It is made for multiple type of materials. Great product. We had mold issue with our fabric seats 2017 QX25. This stuff does the job. Started using it on our lanai furniture also. We are in Southwest Fl. Marco Island

Back