Securing fenders

Mid-Atlantic

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good way to secure boat fenders to the pontoon rails? I’ve tried the plastic clips and they easily pop off.

I agree with Jack and the EZ Fenders. I started with the plastic Taylor ones and IMO they don’t compare to the EZ Fenders.
Not very handy I was nervous about installing the EZ Fenders but was a piece of cake. Used a punch with a couple of taps before drilling so the bit didn’t slide. installed 7 years ago and they are still solid

Does anyone have a good way to secure boat fenders to the pontoon rails? I’ve tried the plastic clips and they easily pop off.
That’s strange that you are experiencing problems with them popping off. Ours are so tight we struggle a bit to remove them.

Jack M. Thanks for the suggestion to try EZ Fender, looks like a good design. I will need to verify I don’t have wires running inside my top railing.

I had trouble losing a couple fenders with these plastic hangers so I added a small piece of plastic to the underside. After the clip is on the rail I just swing the added piece under the rail . The screw is reasonably tight so that there is enough friction to keep it from moving but easy enough to move with my fingers. I haven’t lost any since.A26BACEB-595F-4382-BB5A-B0035EAB8CD0.jpeg94929DC4-50A2-4814-9523-039E33D92F94.jpeg

Last edited:
I have 3 ez fenders on each side that work great for docks. I also keep 2 extra bumpers With the Taylor made clips on them for extra party cove protection.

Cobey Wilson

Do you leave your fenders out while underway…? I don’t otherwise understand why they’d be popping off. That is weird. If leaving them on while underway…why? Stow the fenders away and not having them banging around.

That said, lots of people like those EZ venders. You wont have any wires going through the top of these railings, so no worries there. Best of luck and enjoy.

I use the plastic Taylor clips and have enough line on them to tie to one of the vertical bars just in case the plastic clips pops off the top rail.

Last edited:
Do you leave your fenders out while underway…? I don’t otherwise understand why they’d be popping off. That is weird. If leaving them on while underway…why? Stow the fenders away and not having them banging around.

That said, lots of people like those EZ venders. You wont have any wires going through the top of these railings, so no worries there. Best of luck and enjoy.
My fenders are stowed while underway. My plastic clips have popped off while at the dock. What brand plastic clips are you using?

My fenders are stowed while underway. My plastic clips have popped off while at the dock. What brand plastic clips are you using?
I just use the Taylormade ones, and they are fairly snug as other mentioned. But I can appreciate if they pop off at the dock for you, another solution such as the EZ Fender sure would be needed.

With my EZ Fender I leave my fenders still attached but pull my fenders up high as I pull away from the dock. Of course they match the color of my boat and I do t think they look bad at all like that. I do carry a couple of additional fenders store under the seat as we tie up with friends on a regular basis. All are large fenders for best protection.

Jack M. Thanks for the suggestion to try EZ Fender, looks like a good design. I will need to verify I don’t have wires running inside my top railing.
Jack M., I installed 3 EZ Fender brackets on each side. They work great, thank you for the recommendation.

EZ Fender mounts are the way to go, no more worries with plastic clips popping off rails. I stow my fenders when underway. EZ Fender mounts are high quality, including their EZ Fender lines.

Has anyone used the Accon Marine Quick Release Fender Hangers? I've seen them on Barletta and Crest boats.

2021-06-25_0-27-23.jpg

Last edited:
Back