Seeking input from those with seagrass or vinyl floors

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Morning, folks. I have a question for those who have seagrass or vinyl floor coverings.

This past weekend, I crawled into a boat at a dealer to see the interior. The mooring cover was on. Since I was basically on my hands and knees, I had a point of view from floor level out the stern door.

I could clearly see the joints in the floor where the plywood sheets butt together. Is this normal? Or has anyone experienced this become more noticeable over time? Is this reasonable to accept at delivery? I know that carpet is much more forgiving and unlikely to show this seam.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

Morning, folks. I have a question for those who have seagrass or vinyl floor coverings.

This past weekend, I crawled into a boat at a dealer to see the interior. The mooring cover was on. Since I was basically on my hands and knees, I had a point of view from floor level out the stern door.

I could clearly see the joints in the floor where the plywood sheets butt together. Is this normal? Or has anyone experienced this become more noticeable over time? Is this reasonable to accept at delivery? I know that carpet is much more forgiving and unlikely to show this seam.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

I've never noticed a seam on mine. My boat won't be here from storage until the 26th, but I'd be glad to check it then.

No seams visible on mine but the snap in carpet is in all the time.

I have the regular vinyl flooring on my 2 year old boat and I can't see where the sheets of plywood join. 

I did see this, but, it was only noticeable when I was under the mooring cover with a flashlight on the floor putting up poles. I did not notice it when the cover was off.

I did see this, but, it was only noticeable when I was under the mooring cover with a flashlight on the floor putting up poles. I did not notice it when the cover was off.

I'm kinda leaning to this particular perspective bringing this to view, Jared. I'll be sure to see if they show up when it's uncovered. Thanks.

It was explained to me that the vinyl flooring being a much thinner product with basically no pad will show more. I believe that you are referring to seems under the flooring and not in the flooring as it should be a one piece install. I just had my boat shipped back to mfg for full flooring and plywood replacement and will look a little closer when I have it back this week.

I'm kinda leaning to this particular perspective bringing this to view, Jared. I'll be sure to see if they show up when it's uncovered. Thanks.

No problem. My floor was somewhat wavy, but nothing that stood out like a door ding in your new vehicle. Ask me how I know...

A couple weeks ago when we were looking at new boats almost all of them had the seagrass flooring and I couldn't see anything in the showroom.

No seams here! Full Sea Grass and love it!! Let me explain............ One chocolate lab/ one yellow lab/ one almost 4 year old who loves ice cream/ one almost 1 year old who throws everything to the dogs (she giggles the whole time!)  The floor still looks as good as new after two seasons. 

Let me clarify. Mine were not seams on the aqua teak. You could see ripples or lines where the sub floor was butted together. The entire floor was seamless. If you blow this up it will better explain what I'm talking about. With that being said. I would choose this flooring option again. I absolutely loved it! 

2013-05-18%2017.42.58.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y9pmfg1lzwu1wn/2013-05-18%2017.42.58.jpg?dl=0

Yes, to be clear, I am NOT talking about seams in the flooring. I am talking about being able to see the joints in the plywood floor under the flooring.

I have the regular vinyl and can't see where the subfloor pieces come together.

Back