Sharkhide

Jim & Mikki

Reaction score
We just ordered our first pontoon a 2275 GCW. I read the posts about Sharkhide. Is that something that I should plan to do to our new boat before going in the water?

Jim,

I would consider it if you want to keep shiny toons. I plan to have mine done next year when I get mine repolished.

Hello Jim. I just dropped off two quarts of Sharkhide at my dealers to apply. He says Bennington used to do that at the factory, but probably an EPA thing with needing proper ventilation, etc. stopped that, ie. too much investment and hassle on their end. I am picking up my boat Wednesday and wanted to have it applied before it hit the water. When I first looked into it several members felt it wasn't necessary, no one looks at the toons in the water, but I have my boat on a lift and just wanted the extra protection and aesthetics when looking at it hanging there IMHO. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jim. I just dropped off two quarts of Sharkhide at my dealers to apply. He says Bennington used to do that at the factory, but probably an EPA thing with needing proper ventilation, etc. stopped that, ie. too much investment and hassle on their end. I am picking up my boat Wednesday and wanted to have it applied before it hit the water. When I first looked into it several members felt it wasn't necessary, no one looks at the toons in the water, but I have my boat on a lift and just wanted the extra protection and aesthetics when looking at it hanging there IMHO. Gerry
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do the same. Jim

Back