Sharkhide

Anyone have updates on how the Sharkhide has held up and looks?

Thinking about getting it applied in the offseason before shrink wrapping this year... trying to decide if i wanna put the work into polishing the toons (i have 3, 50% more work!)

I'm in water all season and we have a good bit of algae/growth on the logs. I only get out once/twice a week, so the in season care consists of whatever scrubs off at WOT, plus whatever i get with the deck brush when on the hook in the swimming hole...

seems like it would make things stay cleaner for longer...

Thinking about getting it applied in the offseason before shrink wrapping this year... trying to decide if i wanna put the work into polishing the toons (i have 3, 50% more work!)

I'm in water all season and we have a good bit of algae/growth on the logs. I only get out once/twice a week, so the in season care consists of whatever scrubs off at WOT, plus whatever i get with the deck brush when on the hook in the swimming hole...

If your boat sits in the water, they are not going to stay clean very long even with sharkhide, but it might help you get the gunk off easier.

We have a 2022 and it went 40 after breakin on Memorial Day… sits in lake in upstate NY.

Over July 4th weekend. Can only hit 27.

Toons have sharkhide. Not easy to scrub. I’ll have to figure out how to get boat out and clean with power wash. Going to be hard with bunk trailer.

BigD is exactly right! Having Sharkhide applied to your toons will make it so much easier to wipe off or clean. We kept our boat in the water for 5 years and and we could easily wipe off the crap that accumulated on them with a sponge, rag, whatever! Excellent product!

BigD is exactly right! Having Sharkhide applied to your toons will make it so much easier to wipe off or clean. We kept our boat in the water for 5 years and and we could easily wipe off the crap that accumulated on them with a sponge, rag, whatever! Excellent product!
Wonder if I didn’t get to it quick enough. It took forever to wipe down a small section in the water. I gave up

Wonder if I didn’t get to it quick enough. It took forever to wipe down a small section in the water. I gave up
We stayed on it! Meaning every time we went out we would anchor in a No Wake zone and take time to at least wipe the water line of that crap that accumulated since the last time we went out!

In a slip, below the water line last about 2 weeks .

It does make it easer to wipe off the slime even after the 2 weeks . I try to wipe mine down at the sand bar .

You can contact sharkhide with the link below

sharkhide@peaknet.net

We have a 2022 and it went 40 after breakin on Memorial Day… sits in lake in upstate NY.

Over July 4th weekend. Can only hit 27.

Toons have sharkhide. Not easy to scrub. I’ll have to figure out how to get boat out and clean with power wash. Going to be hard with bunk trailer.
That’s a lot of speed loss…. Wonder if you have water in a log or something else going on?

Honestly, without sharkhide, I can let it sit a week or two, and most scrubs off from just hammering it in a speed zone at WOT for 5 min….

I guess different flavor of this question then...

lets say i take on the incredibly stupid task of polishing the toons in the offseason... think mirror style polish...

will the sharkhide keep that finish and prevent oxidation, etc.? it may be worth it from that perspective when i finally get the time to do it...

I guess different flavor of this question then...

lets say i take on the incredibly stupid task of polishing the toons in the offseason... think mirror style polish...

will the sharkhide keep that finish and prevent oxidation, etc.? it may be worth it from that perspective when i finally get the time to do it...
"Prevent" might be the wrong word. Minimize the effects and make it more tolerable to deal with is probably a better answer. If you leave it in the water. If it's not left in the water, it will keep it nice for months or even a couple years with minimal maintenance.

Update: Idk about keeping that mirror perfect shine you seek.

Not sure if anyone one the forum has done that. Email Clint at Sharkhide and you can ask . Link is in my previous post on this thread.

John,

I would definitely apply the Sharkhide to a new boat, but I would not order from the factory that way. It is a simple process, and certainly a DIY project. Apply two separate coats with a 24 hour span in between and your good to go. 1 quart will easily handle a triple when applied by hand. It will allow the toons to retain there "mill finish" throughout the season. While it can last several seasons, I have found that is does wear when it is rubbed against lift/trailer guides and the exposed areas definitely will oxidize if not retreated immediately. Pre-season reapplication is easy and would be a part of your spring cleaning. There are basically four ways you can approach the appearance/performance issue of your toons;

1.Leave as-is. Probably the worst choice.

2.Seasonal acid cleaning. The toons will be clean, but with a hazy white appearance.

3.Seasonal acid clean and water scrub with Scotchbrite to mimic original mill finish. The closest thing to factory new without a lot of effort.

4.Full blown polish. Lot's of work but the results can be spectacular.

In each case, an initial application of Sharkhide will help to retain a better look without an expensive investment.
Great info. Will Sharkhide remove the chalky white appearance of already acid washed toons?

Back