Sharkshide on new boat

dhc5

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the factory installs Sharkshide to the pontoons at no charge for boats that are delivered in the wintertime. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

I read somewhere that the factory installs Sharkshide to the pontoons at no charge for boats that are delivered in the wintertime. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

I believe this is true minimally for northern states like Michigan. However, I am not sure about all the details. It was true for ours. We were going to add it to our order in Jan. 2017. Dealers said not to spend the $ on it as they do it automatically for winter boat orders in Michigan due to road salts and what not. Low and behold, it came tagged for Sharkhide having been applied to it, and has held up very nicely going on our 4th summer with it.

My first boat (2018 21 SSRX) was ordered in late December and delivered in late February. It came with sharkhide factory applied and I live in Alabama. I don't know if this is done all the time in the winter, but if I order another boat in the winter I would not pay for it. I would just hope to get lucky again!

Mine was ,but I was also told it depends on your location

My pontoon was delivered to the dealer in montana last December. I paid the dealer to have the Sharkshide installed at the factory and this is what it looked like when I took delivery. 299873FB-E0B8-4926-9880-B81A033CB807.jpeg

My boat was delivered in Tennessee in December. No factory installed Sharkhide.

My pontoon was delivered to the dealer in montana last December. I paid the dealer to have the Sharkshide installed at the factory and this is what it looked like when I took delivery. View attachment 26992
In my opinion, that looks like salt damage. Very similar to my pontoon (picture attached) and looks like the same impact on my alum. snowmobile trailer fender covers. The lack of paint protection combined with salt = bad combination. My dealer gave me a discount because he said snow piled up on toons and caused "oxidation." It was more than oxidation and I regret taking delivery every time I look at it.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 55
Don't count on it. My dealer told me it was on all boats but mine doesn't have it. I confirmed it with the factory.

Back