Shopping in Cajun Counrty

On the four hour away from the dealer thing...

I bought from 2 hours away.  Not as far, but either trip is much of a day.  Just saying its doable and not the end of the world.

Odds are VERY high you will never have a boat warranty issue.  If you do, odds are fairly good they could ship you the part and you could fix it yourself.

The motor can be serviced by anyone that works on that particular brand.  You don't have to go back to the dealer for motor warranty work.  In my case, I purposely bought Mercury just because there were several places that could work on it, all within an hour or less from my house.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it.  The odds are very good in your favor, and worth getting a better price.  Bird in hand.  Or, cash in pocket.  I'll take cash over a "what if" just about any day.  Just about...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the sslx layout! I'm on my second one! Great job on the spa and 150. That will be one smooth boat

I love the sslx layout! I'm on my second one! Great job on the spa and 150. That will be one smooth boat
Don't think I would have spent this much money without the help of this forum, but I didn't want to get the "PADS" as you guys call it.

I'm a captain offshore in the oilfield (never thought I'd want to spend my time off on another boat,lol) and will be going to pick her up next week and I know the rules on here about pics and I shall have them for you guys in a fresh post. Thanks for helping me spend my money.

Don't think I would have spent this much money without the help of this forum, but I didn't want to get the "PADS" as you guys call it.

Thanks for helping me spend my money.
You're more than welcome!    :D

We are experts at spending others people's money :p

Back