Short windshield

BWS

Reaction score
We really enjoy our 2016 22 foot Bennington. I. Guess my only complaint is when the kids and grandkids ride they like to go fast and even though it will do 40 mph, the wind is so strong I don’t enjoy the ride. Does Bennington make a taller windshield?

We really enjoy our 2016 22 foot Bennington. I. Guess my only complaint is when the kids and grandkids ride they like to go fast and even though it will do 40 mph, the wind is so strong I don’t enjoy the ride. Does Bennington make a taller windshield?
Unfortunately they do not.

Welcome BWS! Yep, I'm in the same situation. Going fast is fun but not very comfortable for some folks due to the wind. Perhaps getting a half dozen goggles would do the trick!

I have been checking into this as well. If you use a playpen or mooring cover, a taller windshield will need to be removed each time you cover the boat unless you have the cover modified. I have been looking at the windshields that will clip on to the current one that are made for bass boats and motorcycles. I haven't found one that is wide enough that I like.

BTW, a couple of friends with South Bay pontoons with taller windshields are seeing their windshields bend down permanently on the outside edge from the weight of the cover.

Here is a link to one of many that I found.

I like the windshield extension. Might work I’ll try it , Thankyou.

I vote for a half dozen goggles and a group photo! ;) :D :cool:
Fellas, let's not knock it until you try it!

D74F5ED9-5A84-4EEE-80AF-629A1920B48D.jpeg

BTW when you're running 48mph for your life being chased by a huge storm you don't really care what you look like. Rain as fat as gobstoppers at that speed HURTS!

Here's the warning we got on our cellphones when the skies opened up. We pretty much were Fubar.

A05E9777-9CA5-485B-89B6-E0BB62918A22.jpeg

Fellas, let's not knock it until you try it!

View attachment 30543

BTW when you're running 48mph for your life being chased by a huge storm you don't really care what you look like. Rain as fat as gobstoppers at that speed HURTS!

Here's the warning we got on our cellphones when the skies opened up. We pretty much were Fubar.

View attachment 30544
Now this is what I’m talking about. You guys all make it look good. Love the ski goggles!

Back