Simrad 7

L23250HP

Reaction score
Just received my 23LSB we love it. Its equipped with the simrad 7. Does the Simrad 7 display engine temperature and oil pressure? Can't seem to find that information. Also the depth gauge goes blank (shows straight line) after 20mph on the Simrad. Can that be adjusted? I've read about prop wash turbulence can interfere with the transducer. My 2008 Playcraft pontoon depicted continuous depth.IMG_9233.jpeg IMG_9216.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the new boat! Looks great.

Unfortunately I can't offer any help with the Simrad, but will be watching this thread since the dealer will be replacing my current setup with a Simrad 7 in the coming weeks. I'm sure some others will be able to help as I've seen several other threads with some good tips.

Make sure the transducer in the back is not pushed up where it's not in the water at higher speeds. It could have been bumped and that would cause that problem. That used to happen on my R and it was always because it had been bumped and wasn't sitting in the correct position.

You can set up your Simrad to display what information you want to see. It's fully customizable! Yes I lose the depth reading at about 20mph also. It's a common problem that I haven't been able to overcome yet. It all has to do with the position of your transducer like trippernsc said. The 1st season I had it I tried every position I could with the same result. Its frustrating but I haven't given up yet!

Beautiful boat!

Engine Data:
I thought for the Simrad to display all engine data, it needs to be hooked up via a NMEA 2000 gateway with motor. There is some data that will be displayed, but I don’t think all of it will without that additional NMEA wiring. Can anyone else speak to this situation…?

Depth Reading:
Typically, the depth reading issue with the Simrad can be resolved in one of two ways: (1) play with angle of transducer as Trippersc was talking about. It needs to be parrellel to lake bottom, so if the angle is bumped, it often blanks out under speed as your boat angle changes when under higher speeds. (2) Is a very common culprit, the water turbulence interference you mentioned. Solution is you need to lower the transducer slightly below the pontoon. Sometimes this required putting on a small extension brake to get it lower. This second adjustment tends to solve the problem for most people.

Hello, I’m having a problem on Simrad 7 on my 2022 25LSB (Mercury 200 DTS) not showing depth (at all)! Dealer said to reset it, but I don’t have any idea what my transducer type is? What type do you have? Thanks!

Hello, I’m having a problem on Simrad 7 on my 2022 25LSB (Mercury 200 DTS) not showing depth (at all)! Dealer said to reset it, but I don’t have any idea what my transducer type is? What type do you have? Thanks!
Did it just stop working recently but worked last year with it being a 2022 model?

As for transducer, there shouldn’t be anything to reset. It’s a hard wired item to your Simrad 7. Wires look okay? Transducer look fine? Angled properly and not flipped up or anything so as not to get readings? Does everything else with your Simrad work?

It is under warranty as well, so if it isn’t something simple, perhaps having the dealership take a look at it would be an option.

LOL - I had my Benny for 2 years before I paused from the fun and figured out all the amazing stuff the Simrad can do. Start with the Quick Start Guide and/or youtube videos. The screens are highly customizable (though not intuitive) and the Smart Tow is AMAZING!

Search in the upper right corner - Transducer. It needs to be move down on the mounting bracket. Here is a picture (not my boat), mine now works up to about 30mph and I have yet adjust the angle, after moving it down to that that same lower corner. The goal is get it out of the turbulent water.

That search tool is really a powerful first step in most of your research!

Suggest Cable Stays for the Bimini Top with that 250!

Enjoy

Transducer Location 1.jpeg

Did it just stop working recently but worked last year with it being a 2022 model?

As for transducer, there shouldn’t be anything to reset. It’s a hard wired item to your Simrad 7. Wires look okay? Transducer look fine? Angled properly and not flipped up or anything so as not to get readings? Does everything else with your Simrad work?

It is under warranty as well, so if it isn’t something simple, perhaps having the dealership take a look at it would be an option.
Hello! Thanks for the reply. It had been working fine up till a few days ago. Everything else seems ok-wires ok, transducer is intact and angled about right. I think I fat fingered something in the setup for search depth. I read in one of the forums saying that your depth reading is better if you set search depth to 400 ft. My service guy is actually looking at his Simrad settings on his personal boat this weekend and is going to help me on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hmmm. I hope your service guy comes up with something. I’m not sure myself why it would stop working out of the blue with everything hooked up and working in the past. Switching something up in a settings on them can be easy to do, and hard to figure out what you did after the fact. I’ve done it a few times, and always took awhile to undo what I inadvertently changed between sun glare in hitting something inadvertently/accidentally and not realizing it. Hope its a simple setting change for you.

Also the depth gauge goes blank (shows straight line) after 20mph on the Simrad. Can that be adjusted? I've read about prop wash turbulence can interfere with the transducer. My 2008 Playcraft pontoon depicted continuous dept
You get 20 MPH??? My Lowrance Hook4 stops reading at about 2 MPH. I have to be pretty much stopped before it will read. I'm pretty sure the transducer is in a high turbulence spot since it is mounted off the back of the starboard pontoon. I want to upgrade to a Simrad Cruise 5 but I have other $$ priorities at the moment.

LOL - I had my Benny for 2 years before I paused from the fun and figured out all the amazing stuff the Simrad can do. Start with the Quick Start Guide and/or youtube videos. The screens are highly customizable (though not intuitive) and the Smart Tow is AMAZING!

Search in the upper right corner - Transducer. It needs to be move down on the mounting bracket. Here is a picture (not my boat), mine now works up to about 30mph and I have yet adjust the angle, after moving it down to that that same lower corner. The goal is get it out of the turbulent water.

That search tool is really a powerful first step in most of your research!

Suggest Cable Stays for the Bimini Top with that 250!

Enjoy

View attachment 34418

Last edited by a moderator:
Back