Simrad brightness - can we turn off auto dimmer?

Trippernsc

Reaction score
We are headed out yesterday evening, and as it gets dark the simrad screen dims. But it dims so much you can't see it. So I adjust the brightness, then as it gets darker it automatically goes total dim again. This repeats over and over. I did set it to night mode, but same problem. Once it got fully dark out, the screen got so dark you can't see it again. I make the brightness adjustment and it's fine for a minute, then goes back to full dim. Is there any way to turn off the auto-dim function so it doesn't behave this way at night?

I can't find a setting for it, nor can I find any data on the internet. I would like to manually control brightness at all times.

Through trial and error I've learned a little more about this. The actual dimming is being caused by the yahama command link. The simrad has a setting for synchronize display brightness in the yamaha settings, but whenever I turn that off it turns itself back on. But, there is a setting in the command link for auto brightness. I'm going to turn that off and see if it makes a difference.

Where is command link?

My dealer told us a situation where a customer complained that their Simrad didn't work. They found out that it was the brightness control. It was turned down all the way and they couldn't see the display at all! My question was if the unit was working perfectly and the brightness was turned all the way down .... how do you get back in to see the display to correct it?!?

Just touch the power button and it will come to full brightness and give you the options display so you can turn up the brightness.

Back