SIMRAD GO7 - FACTORY RESET REGRETS!

RobH

Reaction score
Hello all. 2021 25' SSBXP with Yamaho 250 SHO. SIMRAD GO7 started giving me issues, "Please perform initial configuration for your boat..." etc. Yamaha gauges disappeared, trim indication not working. Total motor hours gone etc. I did a factory reset on the SIMRAD and of course instantly regretted it. Turns out, SIMRAD doesn't automatically find the components in the boat (engine, transducer etc) so now is useless until It's reprogrammed. Has anyone successfully reprogrammed their SIMRAD after a reset?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 12.06.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 12.06.55 PM.png
    883.8 KB · Views: 20
Okay so did the dealer initially program your Simrad before you took delivery? Ours did and then tweaked what we wanted displayed and not displayed. Have your dealer reprogram it for you.......

I’ve done mine a couple times and never lost engine data. You do need to know what transducer you have and a few other things but it’s really not that complex once you get to know the functions and it might take you more than one reset to get it all right, kind of learning as you fumble through as I did.

Good luck.

trim indication? what is this referring to? attitude angle of outboard? there are no trim tabs obviously

trim indication? what is this referring to? attitude angle of outboard? there are no trim tabs obviously
Usually it asks you to trim all the way down and the Simrad calibrates that as full down trim, as a benchmark for trim indication on the Simrad when adjusting the trim

Hello all. 2021 25' SSBXP with Yamaho 250 SHO. SIMRAD GO7 started giving me issues, "Please perform initial configuration for your boat..." etc. Yamaha gauges disappeared, trim indication not working. Total motor hours gone etc. I did a factory reset on the SIMRAD and of course instantly regretted it. Turns out, SIMRAD doesn't automatically find the components in the boat (engine, transducer etc) so now is useless until It's reprogrammed. Has anyone successfully reprogrammed their SIMRAD after a reset?
Hey Rob, what did you end up doing? Mine just did the same thing. Thanks in advance.
Frank

Hey Rob, what did you end up doing? Mine just did the same thing. Thanks in advance.
Frank
The person you replied to never posted again after their initial post. They also have not logged into the forum in nearly 2 years. You could try PM‘ing him if they have that linked to their email, otherwise don’t be surprised if you don’t hear back from them.

Back