Simrad Go7 fuel reading problems

Chris Deel

Reaction score
So my new Bennington L23 has the simrad Go 7 installed and dealer forgot to zero the tanks on empty and then full. I have no accurate reading for my fuel so far. I ran all the gas out and zeroed the tank at empty and then full when I put in fuel but it only reads full on simrad and does not decrease with fuel usage. Has anyone had same problem and is there a fix. Also was wondering that since I have dual battery controller installed and turn off batteries at end of days use and simrad is connected to the power, does that reset the simrad everytime when power turned off because it asked me to reprogram settings again at times when I turn power back on to batteries. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

So my new Bennington L23 has the simrad Go 7 installed and dealer forgot to zero the tanks on empty and then full. I have no accurate reading for my fuel so far. I ran all the gas out and zeroed the tank at empty and then full when I put in fuel but it only reads full on simrad and does not decrease with fuel usage. Has anyone had same problem and is there a fix. Also was wondering that since I have dual battery controller installed and turn off batteries at end of days use and simrad is connected to the power, does that reset the simrad everytime when power turned off because it asked me to reprogram settings again at times when I turn power back on to batteries. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Even with the Perko battery switch turned off, you should have the minimal power to the Simrad so as to not need to reprogram…ever. Even annually after winter storage this is not an issue with mine. The fact it is with yours, along with this fuel indicator problem, makes me wonder if you have a glitchy Simrad, or a lose connection? Something of that nature.

To me though, these would be a dealership issues to resolve if simple solutions do not pop up here in the forum (In part because I am wondering if it is a glitchy unit, or if there is some lose connection from install).

Interesting post! Never thought of the gauges being accurate, just assumed not to trust them. When my gauge goes below 1/2, I add one or 2 five gallon cans of gas and don't worry about it. Just wondering if there was a way to fill the tank and do the opposite of zeroing it? Seems like this should be easier than trying to use all the gas up!

All the fuel info I could find says it has to be zeroed at empty and when full and I’ve done that but the fuel line meter still only reads as full no matter how much I use up fuel. If it read only partially correct I’d know I was getting close to needing to full up but now I’m always full. It’s so frustrating. Thanks for the response.

Welcome to the forum Chris! We had our Simrad added to our boat from the dealer. They took the analog fuel gauge out and added a fuel sending unit to the fuel tank to communicate with Simrad. The gauge is accurate. 37 gallon tank. It was at 1/4 tank so we filled up and it took almost 28 gallons.

The fuel sensor may need to be calibrated on the Simrad. There is an option on one of the Simrad screens to do that. Not sure what screen, as it's been a while since I calibrated mine and I won't be at the boat for a week or two.

Yeah that what I did, calibrated at empty and full, and so far it just reads full of fuel as I burn gas each time out. So strange, as it did fluctuate some on reading before I calibrated it, sometimes read full and sometimes less. I’m thinking there’s a flaw somewhere either in sensor or simrad. Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried calibrating it at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4? If you have a Mercury you can use the fuel used, not sure about other engines.
To answer your other question about resetting, I turn the power off every week and disconnected the battery over the winter and it hasn't reset my Simrad.

Have you tried calibrating it at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4? If you have a Mercury you can use the fuel used, not sure about other engines.
To answer your other question about resetting, I turn the power off every week and disconnected the battery over the winter and it hasn't reset my Simrad.
I have not tried that, not sure how to do it that way since it just reads as full and I’m not sure when it’s at each of those levels. Very frustrating. Thank you for the reply!

Does your simrad show fuel used in the "FULTRP" field? On mine it has to reset trip under I believe settings and then navigation when I fill the tank.

Fuel Tank Calibration.jpg

Back