SimTex and the worst stains that you got out...

Mozekian

Reaction score
Had a painter drop a little paint on the simtex fabric and then used some sort of alcohol based cleaner to try and clean it up

bottom line is I have a small paint stain and a quarter size oil stain around the paint

I have searched the forums and have tried

dish soap and water
LAs cleaner diluted to 7-1
409 cleaner
10-1 bleach

these are all recommended by the manufacturer and Bennington. No go

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Damn you used just about everything I was going to suggest......

I’d have the painter replace the seat. Poor prep shouldn’t be your problem.
I agree it was poor prep. No doubt. I also know this would end up in court to get it rectified and im trying to avoid going down that rough road and see if anyone has found a nice cleaning solution for stubborn stains.

Oh am I trying so hard to not sweat the small stuff in this stage of my life.....trying and trying...its a work in progress for sure

If you have access to one you might try a steam machine and a microfiber towel being careful not stay in one place very long.

Ive read about Isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Seems to be a good ink cleaner on leather and vinyl products. Ill try a test run on the underside of my portable cup holder, like I always do, so make sure it doesnt cause a larger issue. Bennington mentioned this in the owners manual, along with a citrus cleaner (assume a GooGone product)...so might as well try both of those in a hidden area and see how it goes...

Maybe a gentle application of acetone or mineral spirits??

You may end making things look worse from chemicals and abrasives - perhaps listen to Elsa from Frozen and "let it go...". There are worse things in life to get worked up over like a 30-minute wait for gasoline.

Maybe a gentle application of acetone or mineral spirits??

You may end making things look worse from chemicals and abrasives - perhaps listen to Elsa from Frozen and "let it go...". There are worse things in life to get worked up over like a 30-minute wait for gasoline.
Ha! We had a few stations here in Lake Norman run out of fuel. Unreal!

Very frustrating. It’s a toughy. I totally agree with Lakeliving in that I’d want to really just hold that darn painter accountable. My blood is boiling over it for you. :mad:

I hope you find a solution that works. Do you have any pictures of the damage? Is it in a very noticeable spot, or more of a side spot that most people wont notice other than yourself?

For what it’s worth, we’ve been in a similar situation with some scrapes/rubs on our starboard pontoon from last summer (a rental pontoon that broke free from being moored at my neighbors VRBO and slide along our boat causing damage).

I totally understand weighing the effort involved in messing with going to court over it. I sadly admit I am likely just going to settle for leaving the cosmetic damage alone and moving. I honestly just don’t even want to deal with it any more after going in circles with both neighbors “renters” and the rental boat company this past July - Oct.

Something to be said for letting it go, but I’m right there with you. Not very easy to do, especially with home much I take care of the boat myself.

Darn the luck! Some great suggestions so far but I'll throw out another: Lestoil. We keep it around the house for cleaning up grease stains in the laundry, around stoves and even on concrete drives. It usually (but not always) works so you might want to give it a try.

Ha! We had a few stations here in Lake Norman run out of fuel. Unreal!
Getting worse - I live 5 miles from a major transfer site on the Colonial line and even gas stations around here have lines around the block! One may have nothing to do with the other, but this thing is getting annoying.

Real disruption + too much media coverage + people over-reacting = clown show. Thank God for work from home or this panic buying would be 5x worse!

Getting worse - I live 5 miles from a major transfer site on the Colonial line and even gas stations around here have lines around the block! One may have nothing to do with the other, but this thing is getting annoying.

Real disruption + too much media coverage + people over-reacting = clown show. Thank God for work from home or this panic buying would be 5x worse!
Truth!

According to former Michigan governor Granholm

“Granholm said there is not a shortage but a gasoline supply "crunch" in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Southern Virginia”

using that logic I have a cash supply “crunch” keeping me from buying a new QX, not a cash shortage!!!

hang in there guys and gals. This isn’t the first rodeo dealing with fuel issues.

Surprisingly prices have stayed relatively the same. Luckily we filled up 3 vehicles at Sam's Club on Sunday morning. My daughter's car needed gas on Tuesday night filled up then the station ran out of regular fuel and only had diesel left. Crazy!!! image.jpgAs of 215p 65% of gas stations in NC were out of fuel. I'm sure it's more now!

Funny how fast they can solve a problem. Haven't seen anywhere without gas this morning. Prices around $2.80 for regular.

Funny how fast they can solve a problem. Haven't seen anywhere without gas this morning. Prices around $2.80 for regular.
Still a bunch of stations out in Charlotte and the Lake Norman area. Just cut grass. Oh oh I better run out and get ethanol free gas for my tractor and yard equipment before they run out. Ha!

Back