Simtex cleaning

MelissaMurray

Reaction score
Took our boat out the first time and it appears we have bug and grease stains on the seats. We transported the boat to the lake without the cover on and now are trying to clean the seats. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best cleaners to remove grease and bugs?

Search Simtex in the box upper right

Took our boat out the first time and it appears we have bug and grease stains on the seats. We transported the boat to the lake without the cover on and now are trying to clean the seats. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best cleaners to remove grease and bugs?

this is going to happen. I carry a can of TuffStuff cleaner in the boat, some soft towels, and a bottle of water. I use this to spot treat the seats when the little stains appear.

Here is the Bennington presentation/document for cleaning the Simtex:

Attachments

• Bennington Simtex.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 91
We followed Dealer's and Bennington's recommendations for mild detergent, warm water, soft cloth. Seems to work well. Has anyone heard that using an aerosol spray suntan lotion on boat passengers can damage the "SemTex" fabric????

Anyone heard that using an aerosol sun tan spray on people can damage the SimTex fabric????
This is a very common concern and topic of discussion. Search simtex in the search bar and I’m sure you will find many comments on this. I also saw a post recently (I think it was the Bennington Facebook page or here) on boat rules and many people posted one rule is no aerosol sunscreen. Good luck!

Anyone heard that using an aerosol sun tan spray on people can damage the SimTex fabric????
It will stain . We do not use spray sunscreen . My wife also uses a towel to sit on when she does applies sunscreen .

Last edited:
We do use aerosol sun screen at our cottage lakeside. However, we never bring it or allow any to be used out on the boat. Too many stories of it discoloring seats. We only bring the hand lotion kind of sun screen on the boat, and require the same of our quests (who can use ours if they don’t have any with them). So far, so good with our seats while following this house rule.

What is best sunscreen for not making stains?

Banana Boat ,Natural Reflect .

Has anyone used 303 Fabric Guard on their simtex seats?

Back